Sign in to follow this  
Mark

How do I? Adjust E30 p/fl rear bumper?

Hi all... trying to adjust my rear bumper because it has sagged and left about a 2cm gap between the bumper and the car. I want to lift it up to fit snugly but can't figure out how to remove the bumper to adjust the mounting brackets. (I'm assuming that's what I need to do)

The ACS valance is I think what is causing the headache, I need to remove that first but I can't figure out how it is attached to the bumper.

My copy of the Haynes manual is as useless as tits on a bull merely stating "remove all retaining bolts, installation is reverse of removal"  :angry:

Can anyone help?

Cheers, Mark.

Cheers Nick, yeah I've googled my arse off.... but that procedure is for facelift cars only. No bolts to be found in those locations on my car. Well.... there might be, if I can figure out how to get the valance off! :)

Hi all... trying to adjust my rear bumper because it has sagged and left about a 2cm gap between the bumper and the car. I want to lift it up to fit snugly but can't figure out how to remove the bumper to adjust the mounting brackets. (I'm assuming that's what I need to do)

The ACS valance is I think what is causing the headache, I need to remove that first but I can't figure out how it is attached to the bumper.

My copy of the Haynes manual is as useless as tits on a bull merely stating "remove all retaining bolts, installation is reverse of removal"  :angry:

Can anyone help?

Cheers, Mark.

hi, i have a tec1 kit on my car.

if i cant remember correctly there are two in the boot area ( just under the number plate part ) mayb 2 or 4 under the car up against the rear panel ( have a look where your exhaust tip is and follow along ) and one on each side next to the wheel arch.

hope im right. as in not at home to be %100

Thanks for that... I'll give it another crack!

I know exactly how it comes off and if i still had my e30 id take pic's to show you but, unfortunatly it's to hard to explain, just get under it and look hard!

Edited by ED1RTY

Theres 4x 10mm attatchments in boot, Two are on the back panel. and theres one on each side in the boot. (behind covering material panels)

Also underneath car is 2x 13 mm attachments. There directly below the two 10mm bolts you will find in boot on back panel.

Theres also 2 10mm bolts holding on the end caps. There found inside the rear guards.