Sign in to follow this  
bravo

Camo Cops

has anyone heard about this new law that is supposed to forbid cops from hiding in bushes and on top of overpasses with radrs/speed cameras?

Is it for real, and what are the details of the changes as i would like to get out my handy digital camera and bust some of these cheeky coppies!

we could only wish mate... i dont think the government would ban them - they make too much money out of them!

If you don't speed then you've got nothing to worry about, unless your Hartage, or me since I ain't ever been tickted :lol:

For some reason Hartage can be driving excessively and the cops just wave their fingers at him... <_<

Or he can be driving a car in excess of the limit with no rego and no warrant and get pulled over for some idle chit chat before being let go without a ticket...of course he was driving a classic... <_<

If you don't speed then you've got nothing to worry about, unless your Hartage, or me since I ain't ever been tickted

It ain't about being caught - I've never had a speeding ticket - others, but not speeding :D

Its about getting the cheeky bastards back for all their sneakiness, deception. dishonesty, and for inflicting pain and injustice on the general populace eg: the good samartian who was charged with assault lately, the woman who was ticketed for speeding but had the charges dropped as the cop was lying, and the farmer who shot a thief and is now on trial in the Kaikohe District Court. Need I go on.

Do I have a chip on my shoulder - hell yes!

Its about getting the cheeky bastards back for all their sneakiness, deception. dishonesty, and for inflicting pain and injustice on the general populace....blah blah blah..

i can hear justin singing "Cry me a river, oh, cry me a riverrr, oh, cry me cry me, cry me cry meee."

get over the cops they do their job you do yours, yes they are human and make mistakes, go to otago and get over it. dont speed and remain to legit to quit and then everyone goes home happy end of story.

i can hear justin singing "Cry me a river, oh, cry me a riverrr, oh, cry me cry me, cry me cry meee."

get over the cops they do their job you do yours, yes they are human and make mistakes, go to otago and get over it. dont speed and remain to legit to quit and then everyone goes home happy end of story.

:D

Ooops, never imagined a flame war :rambo:

Was just pointing out the law change and having a wee rant. Finished now and feel much better thanks.

go to otago and get over it.

I did :D

I bet you have hammer pants :lol:

no the ladies just say i have a hammer in my pants.... they get banged all night long :D

plus its my bidness's tshirt slogan now haha

Guest Andrew

Good I say - Its less of a money making operation now. I mean your going 120 - 140 on the motorway and you see a cop - sure your going to slow down. Point taken.

Good I say - Its less of a money making operation now. I mean your going 120 - 140 on the motorway and you see a cop - sure your going to slow down. Point taken.

yeah, you'll definitly be slowing down - going from whatever speed your doing, to a full stop... with a set of red and blues flashung behind you!

I think that they are going to be even harder on the average motorist now, like have more cops driving and trying to catch speeders... My understanding is, they made a lot of money from just laying up in wait...

Guest Spargo

Drive the alk waterfront (Tamaki drive) at any time day or nite, I guarantee you'll see either a cop or someone pulled over. They usually operate with one car blatantly parked with radar out, and a plain clothes cop later down the road.

Its pretty blatant revenue rasing, i'd love to see the figures for fatal crashes due to speed along that stretch, i'd say one could count them on a single hand?

but it reminds people that there is a police presence, and being that Tamaki drive is a major road, alot of people get to see the police out... keeps it in their minds.

think outside the obvious.. realy if people still speed down there then they shouldnt really be driving as they should know that police are gonna pwn them

Personally I couldnt give a rats ar$e where the police and cameras are. If you speed and you get caught then I have no sympathy for you whatsoever.

I work with the LTSA and the number of people caught speeding in 50kph zones in the last couple of years has doubled hence the shift from drink driving advertising to speed.

Before you say its only because there are more cameras and its only revenue gathering think about how many tickets and how much money they would make if everyone kept to the limit. Thats right sweet fcuk all.

No speeding = no cameras.....simple.

Having said all that I dont think they help themselves too much by using more, shall we say, covert tactics.

But as *sic said previously, its as much an advertising thing than anything else. Seeing police out stopping people will increase your awareness that they are watching and hopefully make you a more repsonsible driver.

whats better....a police car that you see and slow down immediately, or one you dont, get ticketed, receive the ticket 2 weeks later pay it and forget about it. can anyone on here honestly say they have learnt a hard and fast lesson from speeding tickets? i learnt my lessons other ways, but speeding tickets never did sh*t for me personally

Guest Andrew

when its all said and done - i'd like some proof that speed causes accidents.

Drivers cause accidents. And if we had a better driver training system we could handle higher motorway speeds in some parts - and say a 60 kph limit on semi residential roads such as East Coast Bays Rd and 50 in proper residential areas.

im on about the same level as gus - i have only been done once for speeding - 132 in a 100... i deserved it, but it is the only speeding fine ive had in 7 years on the road... I have been caught doing other things - the speeding ticket didnt make me conciously slow down, i just suddenly decided one day that its lame... Id rather wait, go on the track and go sideways!! if you speed you'll only get there a few minutes quicker... so whats the point?

when its all said and done - i'd like some proof that speed causes accidents.

Drivers cause accidents.

thats exactly it - how is it that the Autobahns in germany and the like can have such high speeds - because the roads are up to standard and they make it harder for people to get a license to begin with! over here you just rock in, pay a few dollars, answer a few questions, do a little drive (about 20 mins is NOT enough establish how good a driver is) and drive on out with a license to kill...

The point of these numbers is that the rigid speed enforcement tactics started in 2001. Since then injury & deaths have trended upwards, especially in under 50km zones.

Average Annual Changes

Deaths in 50 km/h zones

1994 through 2000 -13.0%

2001 through 2003 +13.0%

Injuries in 50 km/h zones

1994 through 2000 -7.0%

2001 through 2003 +10.4%

Deaths in 100 km/h zones

1994 through 2000 -1.6%

2001 through 2003 -2.3%

Injuries in 100 km/h zones

1994 through 2000 -3.4%

2001 through 2003 +7.8%

And how about this ... most vehicle deaths occur under the posted speed limit.

My two cents has to reiterate what Andrew said, it's not speed that causes accidents but driver error, although I will admit that speed as an influence on the outcome of an accident.

Take centennial highway, the so called "killwer highway", it's the nicest stretch of road in the region more than capable of handling speeds well in excess of the open road limit and yet people crash in the most unlikely of places...car stereos, mobile phones, driver fatigue, dogs and/or children; these distractions are what cause accidents, not speed.

Such as today, driving along the motorway at 110kph, as we all do, and some guy starts to switches lanes into mine right as I started to pass him...talk about lack of spacial awareness, if I wasn't alert to it he would've hit me <_<

I also have never had a speeding ticket, perhaps more through luck than anything else, but I bet that if I got one it wouldn't stop me from driving those few k's more than the limit...

I like speed cameras, I think they're a great revenue source for the MOJ, and so long as they're not camoflouged or hidden then it serves a good point that a good and alert driver should never be camera ticketed as they'd be aware that there's a camera ahead and adjust their speed accordingly.