Sign in to follow this  
HELLBM

Alleged BMW road rage attack leaves van driver critical

BMW drivers are wankers.

Old clapped-out e30s and e36's are driven by idiots who think it makes them look gangster so they remove the springs and drive like muppets. Stock e30's are driven by grand-dad/grandma who can't see clearly past the end of the bonnet. Stock e36's are driven by hairdressers, receptionists, and lower-middle class middle-agers who think they have bought into German engineering and drive like they're in a car worth $200k and own the road. Anyone driving any 5 series e34 and newer, or any other BMW newer than an e36 also thinks they are somehow now wealthier and therefore (illogically) better than everyone else and own the road (just try merging into their lane in your inferior e30 and see how far that gets you).

If you don't fall into the above categories you are either a beardy weirdo driving a "classic car", or a BMW enthusiast/racer, in which case you are probably complaining in this thread about how everyone hates BMW drivers.

Haha! too true.

I fit in this category somewhere. I'm the cheap B**stard that capitalised on the misfortune / mistake of another.

Q: what's the difference between a BMW and a Tampon?

A: BMW's are for A**holes

an old car dealer joke from years ago [ sizing up punters ]

Last night the girl and I were driving out of the local super makert car park. This car just starts reversing out on me ... I give it a little beans on the accelrator, the guy nearly hit me but I really didnt think anything of it. So I pulled up to the car park exit and was getting ready to enter the road.

Next thing I hear this car pull up be side me and this very angry islander dude starts hurling abuse at me."F**k you **** you nearly hit me. I'm at this point think errr buddy you nearly hit me but as I've been in the situations before so I said. "Oh sorry where was that?" next thing he yells "I'm gonna smash your face in". I'm like this guy is serious and said "hey, i'm really sorry" in the most non threatening voice I could muster. He starts scambiling to get out of the car, throwing his seat belt too one side and trying to open his door to come and "Smash my face in" He then stops and says something like "f*** you" and sped off down the road.

I turned the other way and was pretty shaken by the whole thing.

While I'm pretty angry about the whole thing I was kinda of proud of myself not firing abuse back at him and instead diffusing the situation. But was suprised at the speed the guy flicked from "giving me words" to trying to smash my face in with no provoking. I now understand how last year that truck driver was dragged from his car and beaten sh*tless and how these incidence happen all the time.

This isnt the first time this happened to me and im learning more and more you just have to be very careful and have your wits about you. The real rubbish thing is We all go, did you get the number plate blah blah. But the reality is your so caught up in the moment of shitting your pants after being threatened you forget all things like writing down number plates. etc etc.

The real rubbish thing is We all go, did you get the number plate blah blah. But the reality is your so caught up in the moment of shitting your pants after being threatened you forget all things like writing down number plates. etc etc.

So true... Glad nothing happened to you. Best thing is to lock the doors, roll down the window just enough to have a conversation then if they go crazy get out of there ASAP, situations like that are very unpredictable.

So true... Glad nothing happened to you. Best thing is to lock the doors, roll down the window just enough to have a conversation then if they go crazy get out of there ASAP, situations like that are very unpredictable.

cheers,

yeah it was a bit hard as it did infact cross my mind .. but I was boxed in with people behind me and a lady waiting to turn in. The road rage guy was stopping her from turning in. I was kind of stuck with out beefing it over some side walk.

I wasn't in my e46, was in the missus misti with under 1/8 tank of gas and a whole raging 1.6 liters of fury for a donk, I doubt trying to out run the guy would of worked either in his v6 mazda 929.

When I had my e36 i was invovled in a similar incident and chased while trying to out run this guy who tried to run me off the road. I never wanted to get involed in a high speed chase again, it was seriously stupid some of the manuvours I had to pull to out run them. I was on the phone with the police at the time and they tried to get a squad car out to me but another case of it was over in 15mins due to some tricky late braking and hand brake u-turn in the pouring rain and loosing him in traffic at over 100kph in a 50. Never again.