Sign in to follow this  
Boost Junky

10" On the rear of my E30

Search Keskin kt1 on r3v/e30tech theres a guy that was running 17x10s and 17x8.5s on the front looked hot!!!

I don't see many issues with running 17x10's with +10 offset apart from some inner guard work at the rear and a slight roll (which i think you've already sorted)

However, and this is personally speaking.. I'd run 215/45/17's on the 10's and try an tuck an offset of around 0 to -5 for the rear. I think 0 offset at the rear looks a tad weak and it needs a little wider footprint to really bring some presence.

Do you have adjustable camber plates on the front btw?

If you use man sized wheels you need man sized tyres.

Well its official... Ordered the rims and spacers today, just gotta get the 5 stud conversion in now so will do that early next week.

Nah dont have adjustable camber plates matt as im going to be purchasing some BC Reds coilovers very shortley with camber adjustment built in already ;)

Lol Riley you got some mad respect on R3v found your car on their those yanks creamin all over it... couldnt find the one with the 17x10s on the rear although I have been known to be dislexic and blind :rolleyes:

Absolutely agree. I mean you can put 215 on a 7.5" rim if you really want to. Why go through so much extra effort to fit a 10"?

Just my 2c. Call me a fuddy duddy.

Blair wouldn't tell me :( haha, Can't wait to see tho.

10 Inches is a whole lot of wheel..

Posted Image

Holy sh*t yes doooo it

^ Looks hawt but they ain't allowed to poke out - that's the problem

Camber/d stretch/d poke will sort this :D

yup those are 4x100/4x114. I think there is a bit of misconception with the poke issue. My mates have had there road cars certed with the wheels poking out but the tread of the tire is within the guard, but some other places disagree with this.

I was always under the impression that as long as the tyre was covered everthing was honky dory... Could be wrong but who cares.... M50 Turbo + 10" wide rear 9" wide front = ultimate....

I might add that americana will be splooging all over your car to mate.... I envy you. :)

Much love for your NZ stz in an e30... We said no to g.e, we said no to nuclear power... we said yes to steinlager pure and i say F**K yes to your car! :D

P.S... I was running 16x9 on my E30 and still had ~ 1" of space before i had to start rolling guards.. I think 10" would be sweet depending on offset...

Edited by ED1RTY

It's in the WOF rules, on the LTSA website.

It's still there.

http://www.landtransport.govt.nz/certifier...ral-10-v3a4.pdf

Table 10-1-1, about the 6th page. Tyres inside unmodified arches, no mention of wheels (by inference, wheels can poke a little).

Edited by CamB

Absolutely agree. I mean you can put 215 on a 7.5" rim if you really want to. Why go through so much extra effort to fit a 10"?

Just my 2c. Call me a fuddy duddy.

And you can run man-sized ride heights too!

Posted Image

Haha yeah I do agree guys.

But it's like a burger.. and your only looking talking about the mayo..

Theres several other components that come together that make a good burger.

IMO to get a good fitting wheel/tyre combo you've got to compromise some tyre width to tuck the wheel under the guards without being left with horrible ride height and/or ugly looking offset.

Its all personal preference I guess, and no real right or wrong way.

Edited by Mattzy

A 10" wide wheel is definately doable. Not many people step up to that plate.

16x10 +8 seems to be the magic spot. I am rocking that with 215/45/16 and a hair of a clearance on my fenders. To lower the car enough to pull the stance off, you will be required to get real men's suspension to prevent excessive roll/movement.

But if you do pull it off.... I guarantee you.... there wont be anything sicker on 4 wheels in a 100 mile radius of you.

- Erick

16x10 +8 seems to be the magic spot. I am rocking that with 215/45/16 and a hair of a clearance on my fenders. To lower the car enough to pull the stance off, you will be required to get real men's suspension to prevent excessive roll/movement.

But if you do pull it off.... I guarantee you.... there wont be anything sicker on 4 wheels in a 100 mile radius of you.

- Erick

Thats right Erick no matter what it takes I will fit these wheels in my guards haha. Mine will be 17x10 +15 in the rear I believe with the spacers im running and 17x9 +15 up front.. Yup no doubt I will be running adjustables all round, probably going to go with BC Golds which come with 8kg springs front and rear which should be ok?

Thanks Erick, im definitely going to do my best im sure I can pull it off pics will be up no doubt when im done, ;)

Luke

Edited by Boost Junky

Guest Ari Gold

- Erick

expect a teaser in the den shortly :D

Boost junky, go hard or go home! I'm going to 9.5 out back - 10 seemed a little extreme for me! Et10 will see you roughly 30mm outside the guard. Its gonna need a flair or a major arch rework. Will be keeping an eye on this for sure!