Sign in to follow this  
bekker

Latest E28 upgrade

Hey folks,

Removed the old and very rusty sunroof yesterday and fitted the new (second hand) glass one.

I'm happy with the look and fit and stage two is the sliding thingy inside. Needs to be recovered first with the original BMW fabric first.

The hardest part was getting all the rust flakes out of the roof cavity with a magnetic pen thing. Took about 90 mins all up.

Will post more pictures when it's completed.

Cheers

post-851-1239394758_thumb.jpg

post-851-1239394767_thumb.jpg

post-851-1239394774_thumb.jpg

post-851-1239394781_thumb.jpg

how much did it set up back, if you dont mind me asking

Nice Job!

Was it a simple fit up?

What model SAAB did it come out of?

Does anyone know if they are the same as e30 roof?

Hey folks,

Removed the old and very rusty sunroof yesterday and fitted the new (second hand) glass one.

I'm happy with the look and fit and stage two is the sliding thingy inside. Needs to be recovered first with the original BMW fabric first.

The hardest part was getting all the rust flakes out of the roof cavity with a magnetic pen thing. Took about 90 mins all up.

Will post more pictures when it's completed.

Cheers

Edited by Hartage

Hey guys, thanks for the comments.

Yip direct fit. There will be minor modification required for the sliding interior panel, but the glass is a direct swap.

Cost - $39 so far plus petrol. Entire sunroof assembly from Saab 9000 bought from Pickapart. Removing the assembly took about 30 minutes and was easier than I expected. The only thing to make sure of is that the glass and plastic bits are in good nik. Luckily this one was.

The E30 sunroof are not the same. The only other BMW one as far as I'm aware is the E23. And the Saab 9000.

Pays to keep an eye out on the pickapart website, $39! Even my partner thinks it was a good buy and that's saying something!

Yeah I did used to work in Karori and drive Aro Valley every day but not lately.

Cheers

Do you recognise the drivers seat Brent?

looks nice .

glad it went to a good home .

just need that Mtec body kit now to finish the car off :rolleyes:

by the way nice job on the moonroof .

i would do that to my e28 if i didn;t have a new metal sunroof sitting on the shelf waiting to get painted and fitted up .

cheers

looks nice .

glad it went to a good home .

just need that Mtec body kit now to finish the car off :rolleyes:

by the way nice job on the moonroof .

i would do that to my e28 if i didn;t have a new metal sunroof sitting on the shelf waiting to get painted and fitted up .

cheers

Never really liked the E28 Mtec kit, except the front air dam. I'd love one of those!

post-851-1239491015_thumb.jpg

Edited by bekker