Sign in to follow this  
clubracer

Track days in NZ

Hey guys we've just launched an NZ based motorsport website and we are looking to get started in some track days. We currently hold one per month in Australia and they are a great success. As we love the motorsport scene in NZ we thought we'd at least try to expand a bit and gauge the reaction. I understand there are a lot of clubs that do their own days, but you have to be a member of these right?

We get a heap of evos, sti's, GTR's and Supras (as well as the odd Euro suercar!) hence why I have joined these forums.

Any thoughts or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

pretty much every 2nd week at puki there is an open track day for anyone

There is a track day every other weekend at our various tracks. And most of them do not require you to be a member of any registered car club.

As said above Pukekohe which is the track near Auckland holds their own open to anyone days every fortnight. And is only $90 for the day.

Taupo is a little more strict. But they even allow private unregistered groups to hire their track. E.g. GTR-elite.com which is NZ's biggest Skyline GTR group was able to hire Taupo with relative ease.

Hampton Downs has also invited pretty much everyone to race on their new track which is due to open very soon.

I think your only avenue would be to create track days for the euro elite. But I am pretty sure there is a few companies doing this already.

Let bimmersport know if you do decide to hold them. As there won't be anyone here who would complain about another track day to thrash their Bmw at. haha.

They generally will allow outsiders to help cover costs, but they are mainly setup run for members.

There is a company: http://www.playdayontrack.co.nz/ that runs them for anyone to attend.

Very good guys to deal with, know the owner Gary personally who is also a great guy. Highly recommend these guys for a fun trackday.

There is also Trackday Promotions that run days at Manfeild and Taupo and they're always well supported. I'm heading along to their next one at Taupo on 27th April.

www.trackdays.co.nz