Sign in to follow this  
boydusM325i

E30 M20 2.8 Stroker 0-240km/h

... and the brake pad warning light was illuminated the whole time! Now that's ballsy!

loving the redline :)

Haha..what redline :)

Its a bit of a scam tho.. Its actually on a rolling dyno..

Quite a few things give it away..

1. The dyno controller cord running across the screen

2. The sound of someone counting down at the start, echo sound from in a building

3. If you look at the clear plastic face on the speedometer cluster, there is absolutely no reflections going past

4. The extreme lack of wind noise at 240km/h(anyone who has been that fast will no what I mean!)

5. The fact he puts it in neutral at over 200km/h(again anyone who has been that fast knows you just dont do that)

6. The extreme whining noise coming from the rollers as the car slow(this is the reason why the clip stops so early, so they dont give it away.

Dont get me wrong, that is one sick engine!! Most impressive indeed..

Guest FrantiC

Quite a few things give it away..

1. The dyno controller cord running across the screen

2. The sound of someone counting down at the start, echo sound from in a building

3. If you look at the clear plastic face on the speedometer cluster, there is absolutely no reflections going past

4. The extreme lack of wind noise at 240km/h(anyone who has been that fast will no what I mean!)

5. The fact he puts it in neutral at over 200km/h(again anyone who has been that fast knows you just dont do that)

6. The extreme whining noise coming from the rollers as the car slow(this is the reason why the clip stops so early, so they dont give it away.

Dont get me wrong, that is one sick engine!! Most impressive indeed..

It's a track car.. The whining is probably the gearbox or driveline. Watch the other chips.

I doubt the car would be able to chirp the wheels launching, into second and slightly into 3rd on a roller?

Steering wheel is jittering.

Cord could be for anything..

I don't know I believe it is infact on a road or something, But yeah could be a trick who knows. Watch his other vids though.. Is indeed a well built m20.

I think you are spot on there. I have driven some very fast cars, and this sort of acceleration would put it right up there, if not faster than 500hp F40 I was lucky enough to drive a few weeks ago. It is the acceleration over 100kph that gives it away, you would need some serious hp to do that. 0-240 k's in 30 seconds? And while holding a video camera in one hand? I don't think so Tim!!!!!!

Conrad

Edited by conrod

yep,dyno rollers writen all over it.

maybe even free spinning rollers-but wont go that far.

either way,8k+ rev limit sounds great

Edited by BM Weapon aka topcat

Agree that it's on a dyno, but that wheel spin chirp at the start is wired.

Screaming NA cars are so much more awesome than turbos in my opinion.

For example:

It's a track car.. The whining is probably the gearbox or driveline. Watch the other chips.

I doubt the car would be able to chirp the wheels launching, into second and slightly into 3rd on a roller?

Steering wheel is jittering.

Cord could be for anything..

I don't know I believe it is infact on a road or something, But yeah could be a trick who knows. Watch his other vids though.. Is indeed a well built m20.

Hahaha...gearboxes do not whine like that when they are in neutral..and just because a car is driving on a track doesn't mean its a race car..you can see on the other video, it doesn't have a roll cage and is certainly not performing like what was shown on the spedo clip.

One other dead giveaway in my books is, I questioned the things I noted above in the comments box of his video and it was removed the same day...hmmmm why would he do that..lol, Conrad is right, there is no way a 220hp M20 is going to do 0-240km/h in 30sec, thats a fact wouldn't you say

Agree that it's on a dyno, but that wheel spin chirp at the start is wired.

Screaming NA cars are so much more awesome than turbos in my opinion.

For example:

<!--id1--><div><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" /></embed></object></div><!--id2-->

ballsie driving, i'll have what he's been drinking :P

If you change gears hard on the dyno you can chirp the wheels

Guest Ari Gold

based on aerodynamics alone, there is no way an atmo E30 is getting to 240 that quick. They're an absolute pig above 200, my 2.7 struggled to put on speed over 210

(racetrack, before anyone is noob enough to say why were you doing those speeds on a public road)

my 2.7 struggled to put on speed over 210

(racetrack, before anyone is noob enough to say why were you doing those speeds on a public road)

:ph34r: