Sign in to follow this  
SRBMW

85 e30 turbo

hey guys this my other bmw which i want to sell,its a

1985 2 door e30 bmw ,fresh 2k black respray

Toyota 4age with custom heatwrapped exhaust manifold fully rebuilt To4 Turbo ,Vr4 front mount intercooler,bov,pod ,2 extra injectors and link extra injector controller,full 2.5" exhaust

5 speed box with new clutch and g'box seals.nissan radiator and electric fan

4.27 diff with spare 3.7 diff

Jamex bucket seat

17" MaK Spirits with mint tyres 205/40 lowered, bilstein shocks

Cert Wof reg

Alarm

$8000

post-11-1101285236.jpg

Edited by SRBMW

what sorta power? what does the 4AGE come out of?

Guest Andrew

what sorta power? what does the 4AGE come out of?

celicas and levins and stuff ain't it?

isnt that the 4AGZTE?? or something? and they 4wd/FWD...bitch to rotate engine and g/box? didnt the ae86 have a 1.6 revvy little thing non turbo?

The 4AGE is one of the best engines Toyota made. they have been putting it in various models since 1983. I am no expert, but I know that it was put in Corolla FX-GT's Corolla Levins, MR2's, celica's and others. Very revvy and reliable engine. It was made for front rear and 4wheel vehicles, but I think worked best in fwd configuration.

It is a 1.6L I believe.

I think the 4agze had variable valve timing. 4agzte - t for turbo???

4AGZE is the supercharged version of the 4AGE and came out in the super charged Levin. There is no such engine as the 4AGZTE toyota never made a turbo version of this engine. Yes it is a 1.6L.

4AGZE is the supercharged version of the 4AGE and came out in the super charged Levin. There is no such engine as the 4AGZTE toyota never made a turbo version of this engine. Yes it is a 1.6L.

word

4agze supercharged is out of ae101 trueno, mustve been changed to turbo, pretty sure the ae101 levin came out with the silver top 20v 4age

i think....

but yeah 4age come in quite a few different forms, blue top, red top, silver top, black top etc,

ask cam bout toyota engines, a 4agze that he was converting to turbo was goin to go in his ex blue top 4age ae86 levin.

yep the turbo conversion of the 4agze is common in racing circles, freind of mine has one mid mounted in his datsun coupe at 7psi was producing 120kw at wheels has link and now tuned to 16psi hasn't been on the dyno since but does 1:16's round Manfield which is seriously fast and reliable and there is more in it yet. I have seen another in a DX Corolla which smoked a modded WRX on the back straight, another mate is about to do the conversion in a starlet, you will need a LSD however as traction is broken fairly easily. This would be a bloody fun race car, I almost went this way but decided to stick with BMW for class purposes, good luck with the sale, good price too I have spent more than that on mine and its way off being finished.

The 4AGE is one of the best engines Toyota made

along with the 1c diesel.... you ever tried to kill one of them? It aint easy - mine just wont die!!

thats a very nice looking car, have you got any more pics like engine bay and interior etc?

heres the engine bay pic, ive put new rims on it and had the turbo fully reco'd and all the exhaust gaskets done and have got the cert now :)

post-11-1101285675.jpg

geez, it sits a long way forward.

Where does the shifter come out?? through the heater controls??

yea it does sit quite away forward and the gear stick is alot more forward than a bmw one.I bought the car with the conversion already done,I wish they had sat the motor further back cos it would'nt be such a misson for a centre console

yea it does sit quite away forward and the gear stick is alot more forward than a bmw one.I bought the car with the conversion already done,I wish they had sat the motor further back cos it would'nt be such a misson for a centre console

Batter weight distribution too maybe? Unless having it forward matches the weight distribution better for the cars original suspension setup.

4AGE - various revisions, 91-121Kw(?) available in:

Levin, Trueno, Corolla, FX GT, AW11. (FR, FF, MR)

4AGZE (supercharged) Two revisions, 111 series 1 120Kw series 2 *Rare*(?) available in:

Levin (FR) AW11 SC, AW11 SE (MR)

4AGZ-TE (Twincharger) Specially made kit for 4AGZE by HKS - good luck finding one... With the TD05 turbo it made about 350HP and tourque all over the place.

Mainly in Levins, but better in AW11's.

The ZE has lower compression settings and is a better block for the turbo conversion - 4AGTE.

All 4AGE's from 86 onwards use the ZE block whether they were ZE's or not.

Major differences between the two are a SuperCharger (c12) obviously, and: Manifold, intake, Pistions.

The ZE does not have VVTI (previously known as TVIS).

Not to be mistaken wth the 3SGE as found in the Celica, Curren, or SW20

if you still have the 3.7 diff can i buy it please? cheers pm me