Sign in to follow this  
Lucan

HEELPPP

No guard rolling req'd on mine.

Bit of stretch and they were fine.. Although not 18's

And 9's on the front are a bit of overkill

Unless its an M3

I'm guessing they have 'stretched' a 215/35/18 on their as well. I can't believe they let the car leave the shop like that!! It would have rubbed hard coming off the hoist, and that should have given them some idea that they DON'T FIT! Every car that we fit wheels and tyres to is test driven to ensure there is no rubbing. I wouldn't wait around until Monday, I would be going straight back in there and demanding they fix the problem. The Consumer Guarantees Act is really on your side here, and they either have to REMEDY the problem or REFUND your money. Don't let them trick you in to rolling your guards and it won't achieve much.

There is really only ONE word for these guys and it really deserves to stated 3 times for Effect :lol:

MUPPETS!!!

MUPPETS!!!

MUPPETS!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

if you want to do it ..do it . it can be done i wouldnt go with 18s on a e30 .. i dont see why you guys are hating on him if you want that stance go for it

but if you made a mistake and your truly unhappy take it back man..even tho e46 guards are bit if that the look you wanna go for go for it i could post tons of pics.of e30 e36 etc

Edited by e34play

So you not seen the video on you tube on how to roll guards with a softball bat :wacko:

Nah dont do that, go back to the shop and get it fixed proper.

Will play havoc with you handling/wheel alignment setup

lol... If you want to make it fit:

Posted Image

Seriously though..

IMO the offset and width is fine. Personally however, I don't think 18's on standard guards look or fit very well, but anyway.. if you dig it then thats all that matters. This means if you want to make 'em fit and fit well you are really going to have to man up. Your going to need a lot more of a simple roll to sort it out.. If its rubbing with just you in the car your definately in trouble when it comes to 3 or 4 people!

Whip that wheel off and see where it's rubbing, grab a hammer and heatgun and start beating that inner guard upward and out. Hell if you really like them, make them work! Make the car fit the wheels..

Pretty rough a retail mag and tyre shop letting the general public roll out like that.. cowboys man... :wacko:

Ps - Fix your front rideheight... looks wack.

Guest Ari Gold

agree with chris, I'm at 8.5 in the rear unrolled, and with a proper offset (et17) it sits perfectly flush with the guard. I'm going to go to 9.5 with wider lips, so the offset will be lower, but the total amount of rim inside the arch will be the same.

My 7.5's upfront are et20, and though they look good, they pulled the arches when they contacted the guards. 8.5's up front and a roll should sort things out :D

I've said it before, with enough time and money, anything will fit, hell, just look at the felgen show cars - 17x10.5 ET06 - sticks two inches outside the guards, but it looks ace!