Sign in to follow this  
Lucan

HEELPPP

Ok i went and picked these up yesterday...

and the rim actually sits like less than and inch off the guard on the back 2 wheels!! i cant drive comfortably as all i can hear are the guards grinding away at the rubber and rim lip whenever i take off or turn too quickly!

pictures show what mean, looks toppz but tyres are not gonna last long not to mention the damage that'll be done to the rims!

Suggestions to fix up? lip on the inside of the guards been rolled but i think the actual panel may need work?

what should i do i really like my new shoes and have no money :(

post-2618-1239930281_thumb.jpg

post-2618-1239930379_thumb.jpg

post-2618-1239930326_thumb.jpg

post-2618-1239930231_thumb.jpg

post-2618-1239930192_thumb.jpg

Yeah i guessed rolling the guards, but i have no idea how to do this! can someone give me a basic rundown on what i need to do

Jesus they look alright, whats the size,width and offset?

18 x 9

50mm polished lip B)

Forgive my ignorance, but stretch like that cant really be any good for the tyres performance surely.

You could go and buy the right car to fit them on... its either the wheels...or the car that has the problem

you can see on the wheel are where the metal rim is rubbing on the OUTSIDE of the wheel arch...

either a massive arch extention or narrower wheels...

have no money :(

Get a mallet and bash away at the guards. Expect paint to crack and guards to look a bit sh*t.

But to be honest, there isn't a cheap way of making these fit. Look at your front! Guard extension is needed all around and that isn't very cheap...

Why the heck didnt you do your research before you dished out the dollars Blackie ?? Plenty of people on here to help you with this sort of thing and now its turned to HEELPPP. Youve done it all wrong (no offence intended)

*siighhh*

i don't wanna get rid of the car or wheels

whole cars getting a respray so i couldn't care less about the paint job at the moment

Why the heck didnt you do your research before you dished out the dollars Blackie ?? Plenty of people on here to help you with this sort of thing and now its turned to HEELPPP. Youve done it all wrong (no offence intended)

yeah i didnt think of asking on here before hand,

the shop assured me they'd fit "no problem"

no offence taken, im an idiot.

Edited by Blackie

No need to get rid of the car, its not that extreme!

Just get the proper sized rims. How much did you pay for them? If you didnt overpay then you should be able to sell them easily enough...

Edit: You brought them from a shop? If they said theyll be fine, they need to be shot (not litterally :D)

Wouldnt these fail a wof? Id be taking them back and getting a refund.

Edited by 3 SERIES

Always ask Blackie... always someone on here that can help.... I ask when I think there is a need... and I repair BMW's everyday....we dont know it all....your always learning

this is why is joined BS, to be schooled that is haha ive just got off the phone with the shop (magwarehouse panmure) and he said to brng the car in monday and he'll have a look at what he can do...

just an idea, harder springs maybe??

i think it looks sick if you were going for that look (stance) in the first place ..

it can be done .you just need some guard work ( more than rolling them) should be sweet IMO

don't be soft with him.

tell him that they don't fit as he promised and that you want a full refund and your old wheels put back on.

There is no way you will fit 9inch wide wheels on an e30 properly without having to spend a whole lot of money on a full flare job front and rear. Even if you did do this they are too wide for the car and the cars performance would be affected and not in a good way.

Springs won't fix anything.

Harder springs won't solve the problem. The problem is the rim lip is not inside the guard. Even on harder springs there will be times where there is full compression - driveways, etc

If you want to keep the wheels, then the guards need to be pulled/extended wider. For the front you'll probably need more camber on top of guard modification - which means more tyre wear and poorer braking.

Are the inner lips of the guard rolled flat? Or are they just rolled?

Don't let the shop rip you off by giving you a half arsed solution!

this is why is joined BS, to be schooled that is haha ive just got off the phone with the shop (magwarehouse panmure) and he said to brng the car in monday and he'll have a look at what he can do...

Not going to do a thing. Youre dead set on the rims huh?

i think it looks sick if you were going for that look (stance) in the first place ..

it can be done .you just need some guard work ( more than rolling them) should be sweet IMO

It needs more than just the guards rolled! Those rims sit 3" beyond the front guards.

Also feel free to name and shame - these cowboys shouldn't be allowed to get away with things like this, it's not just the 'boy racers' who create unsafe cars, it's the so called "professionals" at places like Ag n Urbo that they listen to.

There is no way you will fit 9inch wide wheels on an e30 properly without having to spend a whole lot of money on a full flare job front and rear.

Bullshit Ollie...

Not being a smartass but I've had x9's on an E30 EASY Offset is key :)

even with the offset set so that the inside of the rims nearly touch the front struts you'd still need to at least roll the guards to prevent rubbing.

9" dished wheels on the rear of an E30 i can handle but 9" wheels on the front it just silly IMO.