Sign in to follow this  
rjac001

somthing feels not Right

Yesterday I got a flat tyre and changed it today with my spear Exactly same size but with more tread than the one on the other side Im Driving E30 4 door 1986 I had the handbreak on while jacking up the rear and after I changed it and let the car down it didnt really go completly back to normal (hight) untill I released the Handbreak again...

Anyway now when I take off it feels funny like draging or like the diff is only powering one side?? Hard to explain but was just wondering If anyone could Help other than that Drive fine...

Does it pull to one side?

Don't all the young boys? :rolleyes:

WTF? The guy is asking a legitimate question. If you aren't going to add anything productive, don't post FFS!

WTF? The guy is asking a legitimate question. If you aren't going to add anything productive, don't post FFS!

ok...

proper response:

Did you make sure the wheel was bolted on straight? no sh*t on the hub etc? was the spare rim the right offset for your car?

And posting "check your dizzy" in every other thread is a legitimate response? Edited by blakamin

Think he's taking the mickey from a previous post of his.

Are you sure the handbrake isn't dragging? Lift rear end & with handbrake off - make sure both wheels turn freely

Could be paranoid.. but does feel strange, No it doesnt pull to one side, Checked Dizzy Cap and Rotor and they appear to be functioning ok lol, I kinda deserved that :lol:

possibly was thinking maybe I damaged the wheel bearing when I got flat tyre? I didnt drive far though just like 50-100 meters to get off main road and was going pretty slow!

Anyway will get it checked out Monday when I get some New tyres.

Cheers for the Help

Guest FrantiC

How new is the tyre? Could be new tyre vs the other side which will have a worn tyre (espeically if the car is low and tyres have the inner camber wear like most do) which sort of puts the car on a "g" lean..

No there is no lean that was just until i released the handbreak while i was jacking it, the funny feel is on taking off, yea I think its probably 1 Shite worn hard tyre vs semi new soft yokohama with about 7-8mm tread

It's the Tyre!

Firstly the suspension always binds when it is jacked up, but always settles when the car is rolled back and forth [ so this is normal ]

Have you ever looked at those old "Tyre rotation" charts [ where the LH tyres must be rotated on the LH side ]

Also check all the tyre pressures [ after the tires are warm ]

If one of the tyres is slightly larger in diameter because of pressures / wear the car will be "Wedged" which plays hell on handling [ especially with LSD's or lots of Caster ]

This is why racecars can adjust the ride height [ with corner weight scales ]

ps: I forgot "always remember to check the distributor cap" haha!