Sign in to follow this  
bravo

Smoked Tails and Front and Side repeaters

I have a set of smoked/blacked front and side repeaters for e30. These are a set that Ollie did for me when he was still doing them.

They're in good cond, and fairly dark, but light up nice and bright and orange when on.

Also have a set of smoked tailights too if you want the whole set.

$100 for tail lights

$70 for repeaters

$150 for the lot.

These prices are less than what you'd pay on trademe for non-smoked lights.

If you let me know before Friday I can bring them to the Anzac cruise for you to have a look.

Pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Im keen on the repeaters. Do you have any pics? As i dnt want to go too dark on the front repeaters, just get rid of the ghastly orange.

They're all airbrushed with tint, so technically not legal for WOF, but have gone through WOF many times. They easily meet the WOF requirements for visibility, but the rules are fairly clear about applying tint to lights.

I've had these on my car for 3 years with no dramas.

I'll bring the repeaters to Anzac for you bro so you can see. Fairly dark, but take about a minute to fit, so you can even chuck on your car to have a look if you want.

Guest FrantiC

guess I could keep my current ones for back up then..

Is it me , or just the way the photo is, but is one darker than the other ? (See reverse lights).

It's the light angle in the photo reflecting off one lense different than the other. They're the same.

I should also mention - the indicators on the tail lights were redded first as per the photo, so appear red when on - perfectly legal. My new lights are the same, just no smoked as I wanted to brighten up the rear as I was sick of everything being black.

I have also re clear-coated them so they are glossier than in the pic.

Sounds good. Could you bring the tails along too? They look good on the black but it wud be great to see what they look like on a white car.

Edited by André3000

Just threw them in the boot about 5mins ago lol.

Could be keen on the tails if they are avail. and if you could get them shipped for a decent price?

Just threw them in the boot about 5mins ago lol.

mmm ur trunk will be full of goodies. Have you got your new red tails on now? Where did you get them from, or was it diy?

Got them on now. DIY. Red glass stain x 2-3 coats. 2x coats clear coat.

Posted Image

Side repeaters sold to Andrew (Andre3000). Other lights still for sale.

They look similar to what I have. They don't pass WOF's though unless you get seperate reflectors (which i take off as soon as its been tested).

Are you referring to the tail lights?

Yeah the tail lights. FrantiC was asking if they were legal, and I have been having problems with similar ones lately. But easily passes fine with reflectors which cost like $5 and repco.

No home-made tinted tailights are legal, even with separate reflectors. The rules state no tint film or overlay or spray can be applied to lights.

BUT, it's whether the testing station notices, and they never have when I've had these ones on, and the reflectors still work.

So its up to you. The risk is yours. Swapping them for legal ones takes 2mins at WOF time if you're worried, and I'm asking less than half for these as legal smoked lights cost.

Its up to whoever buys them what they do.

I'll take reasonable offers, or I'll take to them with some meths and try and put them back to stock for spares.

Currently want $100 tails, $30 front repeaters.

No home-made tinted tailights are legal, even with separate reflectors. The rules state no tint film or overlay or spray can be applied to lights.

BUT, it's whether the testing station notices, and they never have when I've had these ones on, and the reflectors still work.

So its up to you. The risk is yours. Swapping them for legal ones takes 2mins at WOF time if you're worried, and I'm asking less than half for these as legal smoked lights cost.

Its up to whoever buys them what they do.

I'll take reasonable offers, or I'll take to them with some meths and try and put them back to stock for spares.

Currently want $100 tails, $30 front repeaters.

Front repeaters as in the ones that go into your front bumper for the indicators ? got pics? cheers

Yep, they go in the bumpers.

Fit all e30's including pre f/l and kitted cars.

Posted Image

Did you change to orange bulbs whilt using the front repeaters?

No. They glow orange as they are made out of orange plastic that is tinted.