Sign in to follow this  
jjs

Can't log in at work

I can't log in to Bimmersport at work (which in actual fact is probably a good thing for efficiency) and cannot work out why.

I can log in from the box in the top corner of the home page, but when I click view new posts it asks me to log in again. I try to log in again and the same message comes up.

I've cleared history and deleted cookies. I can log into any other website fine, but not BS. I don't want to ask the IT guys at the office, as they would probably then look at how much time I spend on the site and add it to the swelling banned sites list.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Or is there something simple I'm not doing?

Cheers

Apparently its something to do with the router you may have at work. I know some people had similar issues from home, changed routers and it was all sorted.

I know that doesnt help much, I assume its just started happening? Do you know if anything has changed at work recently ?

Apparently its something to do with the router you may have at work. I know some people had similar issues from home, changed routers and it was all sorted.

I know that doesn't help much, I assume its just started happening? Do you know if anything has changed at work recently ?

Not sure if anything has changed. There are over 250 people in my office so IT only send out bulletins when something is important. I also doubt they would be keen to help sort a "non-work related" issue like this.

Oh well, will probably have to just do my Bimmersportin' after 7pm!

EDIT: started happening about a month ago.

Edited by Crockett

Guest Simon*

What browser are you using Jeremy? Latest IE I suppose if it's run by an IT dept.

What browser are you using Jeremy? Latest IE I suppose if it's run by an IT dept.

Yup, on XP

Guest Simon*

Yup, on XP

I think I had issues when work rolled out the latest version of IE but I managed to sneak in a Google Chrome install.

From memory, even after you delete all cookies etc, I went into Internet settings and ensured that the browser was refreshing the page on each click, not running a cached version - that also seemed to help

I have a similar problem on Bimmersport, I have to log in twice to see messages etc.

Log in first time and it asks me to re-enter log-in details, so close down Internet Explorer.

Go straight back into Explorer, into Bimmersport and re-log-in and all is good.

Only does it at work, home PCs etc are all fine.

Try closing Explorer and then going back in, works for me - dunno why!

I too have had this problem on my work and home connections. I fixed it by bypassing www.bimmersport.co.nz from our web-caching platform here at work.

Check with your ISP's - if they are caching the site, then ask them to remove it ;)