Sign in to follow this  
ewie

I just bought this

As per my first post over in the new members thread.. here's the 2002 E46 318ti M-Sport that I bought over the weekend. The dealer tells me it'll arrive in Auckland on the 6th of May... Can't wait!!

My New Toy

Welcome to Bimmersport.

What does your husband drive?

Welcome to Bimmersport.

What does your husband drive?

Thanks for the welcome, I think? Are you implying it's a girls car??

We currently have a Ford Territory that we bought in 2007 with the intention that my wife would get it when her 95 RAV4 eventually died.. well it did (violently) just prior to Easter when she rolled it!! She decided the Territory was too big for her and so we got her a new RAV instead. Now I get to go back to something I'd like. Thought about getting another GT but decided to go for something smaller. I've been down the WRX route before and didn't wanna go there again so I looked to go "Euro".

I had a 318 coupe on loan but hated the small boot (coming from a cavernous Territory) and thought a hatch would be better for my needs.. (that or a wagon) and I started looking at Audi A3's but preferred the Bimmer 318ti much more, drives better, great handling out of the box and reasonable looks plus plenty of mods available if I ever want to go down that path again.

Edited by **Ewie**

Thanks for the welcome, I think? Are you implying it's a girls car??

We currently have a Ford Territory that we bought in 2007 with the intention that my wife would get it when her 95 RAV4 eventually died.. well it did (violently) just prior to Easter when she rolled it!! She decided the Territory was too big for her and so we got her a new RAV instead. Now I get to go back to something I'd like. Thought about getting another GT but decided to go for something smaller. I've been down the WRX route before and didn't wanna go there again so I looked to go "Euro".

I had a 318 coupe on loan but hated the small boot (coming from a cavernous Territory) and thought a hatch would be better for my needs.. (that or a wagon) and I started looking at Audi A3's but preferred the Bimmer 318ti much more, drives better, great handling out of the box and reasonable looks plus plenty of mods available if I ever want to go down that path again.

Good stuff, the Compact looks good in M-Sport guise, most BMW variations other than the norm get a roasting round here, thought I’d get in first.. no offence ^_^

Bet the fuel savings and higher quality over the Territory are refreshing.

Welcome once again, im sure you will find a wealth of knowledge around here, our resident mechanical geniuses and all round nice guy Glenn has a compact also.

welcome.

Car looks nice ... :mellow:

Welcome to the ti family ;)

+1 Welcome to the forum

Take no notice of the "hairdresser" or "little girls car" comments. Compacts are capable ( very capable ) of surprising people... from one who knows

BTW...are you coming on the Anzac day run ??....ooops, I see you dont get it till May

Edited by *Glenn*

+1 Welcome to the forum

Take no notice of the "hairdresser" or "little girls car" comments. Compacts are capable ( very capable ) of surprising people... from one who knows

BTW...are you coming on the Anzac day run ??....ooops, I see you dont get it till May

Naagh.. I'm not worried about a few sticks n stones....

I saw the discussion about the ANZAC run, would've been good too but alas no bimmer just yet ^_^ will definately keep an eye on future meets tho.