Sign in to follow this  
Jamez

help with fuel lines

so i have swapped the 325i into the 320i

problem is that there are 3 fuel lines on the 320i compared to 2 on the 325i

I've done research and have found that the extra one might be a breather hose???!?!?

so can someone show me a diagram with the Fuel Return Hose, Fuel delivery Hose and this extra one all labled nicely :)

thats the only thing holding me back from going for a drive :(

edit, I am dealing where they turn from metal to rubber in the engine bay on the firewall

Edited by Jamez

Westy I thinky I fixy your linky, but site appears down anyway.

Is the new car an SA car with the extra fuel tank in the boot????

If so, then there definately is a breather but usually plastic and rubber. Some cars have there fuel filter in the engine bay. The supply line goes to the filter, then from the filter to the fuel rail. and then back via the return. its easier to describe with a picture as you say. The breather goes up over the firewall to some sort of diaphragm valve thing.

Guest FrantiC

Look at the fuel line that is apart from the others, The one that goes under the chassis rail is the breather hose. I have just left mine dangling in the engine bay and just connected the feed and return to the fuel rail.

People say follow the fuel line back to the fuel tank and put a small breather filter on it so it still vent's (you SHOULDN'T cap this vent at all), filter is there to stop dirt getting in. I think it sits above the fuel tank too.

yeah i just left the breather loose in the engine bay. will eventually put a filter on the end.

not too bothered about it

Guest FrantiC

yeah i just left the breather loose in the engine bay. will eventually put a filter on the end.

not too bothered about it

You don't need to put a filter over it if it's in the engine bay, It's only if you cap it off right at the tank.

Mine just dangles where it was cut in the engine bay. Probably not a good idea having petrol vapour escaping into the engine bay :lol: