Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

E30 Battery Query

My current battery has cried enough, will go flat if car isn't driven for more than a day or so.

So my question is:

Do I need a new battery with the indented terminals like the current one or can I just get a generic battery as long as it fits in the tray and clears the inside of the bonnet??

Thanks in advance, Nathan

Edited by Forrest

if the terminals wont foul with anything i cant see why u couldnt use a normal battery

You can get anything, hit up your local battery/parts store and tell them you want a battery for your E30 and they will give you the right sized one. Just gotta make sure you know if its a DIN 55 or DIN 66. The DIN 66 is a bit longer

Go for a lightweight race battery. :D

Give you extra go. ;)

Edited by Silver Fox

If you dont use the correct battery, you'll have to make up a battery hold down as the OEM battery clamp wont work. A secure battery is a WOF issue. Just get a good quality Din55... and check the charge rate

Buy a battery charger and give the battery a good full charge then see how long it lasts before it goes flat before discarding it.