Sign in to follow this  
martyyn

The best cleaning product EVER !

Forget your Meguiars three-step, your Mothers clay bars, your microfibre clothes and your TurtleWax *shudder*, you just need your finger.

For the time Ive had the touring there has been a blemish in the paint on one the doors. Its the size of a childs fist looks a little cloudy and has always given the impression that it was just under the surface. It always disappears when its wet, but as soon as it dries out it reappears. Its been incredibly annoying because I see it everytime I get into the car.

I was trying to take a photo of it this afternoon (which isnt easy) and with a typical action I just rubbed at it with my finger as you do when you see a blemish. Its at that point that I notice that where I rubbed now has no blemish at all but a small amount of a thin powdery substance. So I rub some more and more of this fine powder appears, little by little the blemish disappears and more of the powders appears.

The powder just wiped off with a soft cloth and.....low and behold the blemish has gone !

Ive had two paint shops look at it and both have said the paint is damaged and the door must be resprayed, and Ive tried all sorts of paint restorers, scratch removers, clay bars, paint cleaners, everything.

So does anyone have any idea what it could've been?

Hate to say it penpal, but someone blew his load on your car...

:lol:

na but seriously thats very odd but a good result none the less aye

The only thing I can think of is the oil in your pores breaking it down.

Wish tar spots and stone chips came/filled off/in with a finger, lucky.

where had your fingers been before hand?

Haha...

tastic's answer sounds about right to me?

Hate to say it penpal, but someone blew his load on your car...

+ 1

oil makes paint look so good, my dad once used an oily rag by accident to clean my mums car, looked amazing.........till it started collecting dust <_<

guess the grit of you fingers caused it to effectively scratch off then the oil in your skin gave it a nice finish