Sign in to follow this  
Apex

Clear front and sides group buy for E30.

Got them today!

I knew I was expecting too much from Trademe/Taiwan stuff...

The housings and connections are completely different. Also, they have 2 bulbs in them? WTF. Ended up just swapping the bulbs and clear lens into my housings. The side repeaters were too long in the fitting, the light only comes out as a small circle. Will trim them down.

All in all looks damn awesome. Well done Apex.

Excuse the stone chips. But admire my freshly painted grills :D

Old vs New. See housing is totally different.

post-1573-1245290270_thumb.jpg

And fittings..

post-1573-1245290279_thumb.jpg

Taken 5 years off his life!

post-1573-1245290291_thumb.jpg

Housing difference, old on the left.

post-1573-1245290296_thumb.jpg

ON

post-1573-1245290308_thumb.jpg

That suits perfectly.

post-1573-1245290317_thumb.jpg

Tiny orange light. Will fix.

post-1573-1245290324_thumb.jpg

Edited by Incary

Mine arrived today too.

My car is F/L so the housings are the same.

I too am intrigued as to why there are two bulbs??

I plan to just swap lenses over tonight. I think I'll keep my bulbs for now as white indicators at the front are legal. but will buy those silver bulbs that flash orange over the wknd.

Thanks for organising this Apex.

Jib and Apex just said up above that the pf/l and f/l housings were that same :( Oh well. Who wants some brand new facelift housings?! Haha.

I plan to just swap lenses over tonight. I think I'll keep my bulbs for now as white indicators at the front are legal. but will buy those silver bulbs that flash orange over the wknd.

Silver paint or even your GF's silver nail polish will do the trick. I bought some paint from Repco years ago and its still going strong after at least a dozen bulbs, comes with a handy little brush, ten mins to dry and jobs a good 'un :)

Damn I want a set of these for the new car, before I buy a new car. If there are any more group buys planned, I will be down.

Silver paint or even your GF's silver nail polish will do the trick. I bought some paint from Repco years ago and its still going strong after at least a dozen bulbs, comes with a handy little brush, ten mins to dry and jobs a good 'un :)

Yep also did that. Works a treat.

When you trim down the side repeater, 10mm is enough off - you won't have to go as short as the stock ones. The bulb holder won't clip into the repeater once you've done this though as the inside diameter is larger about 10mm from the end, but the rubber seal will hold everything on fine. I tried only taking 5mm off, but the light pattern was still like yours. You could try taking 15-20mm off, but I found 10mm was enough.

You could live with them how they are as it only affects the light pattern, not the overall look or fitment, but I agree, they are better trimmed down.

I need to go for a drive - they're way too clean compared to my headlights and fogs!!!!

The white bulbs are actually growing on me....

Did we all get these?

Quality seemed ok to me B)

Fitted mine and don’t really like them, they are a bit too bling for me, maybe they will grow on me :unsure:

Apex, Is there any chance of another group buy?

I really want some front and sides, or in relation to your last post, if you don't like the look, I will buy yours off you....pm me if you need.

- Nathan

Sorry Nathan, I only did a group buy so that I could get them for cheaper.. I love them now, I think they looked wack initially because the car was dirty and they were in your face clean.

Email Brett and see if he will do you a deal, mention you are from Bimmersport.

Brett <brett@carwear.com.au>

^ All good, cheers for the address I will have a go. Thanks mate.

If anyone else wants some...leave a post here, might be able to weasel a better price if more than one person ask.

Edited by Forrest