Sign in to follow this  
wolliver

inspection light

OR to avoid frying your computer you could take it to your friendly BMW mechanic who will probably reset it for free with the proper tool. OR buy the proper tool off trademe.

I reset mine with wire though :ph34r:

OR to avoid frying your computer you could take it to your friendly BMW mechanic who will probably reset it for free with the proper tool. OR buy the proper tool off trademe.

I reset mine with wire though :ph34r:

I tried taking it into the Pukekohe one and he tried charging $25 to reset the light once. I decided not to do that and took it home. My brother had a go and got rid of it in like a minute. I got a new inspection light I need to get rid of now thats just come up a a few days ago.

Paper clip, bend the ends back on themselves. Did it the other week.

...... and got rid of it in like a minute. I got a new inspection light I need to get rid of now

I hope you are doing the work associated with said "inspection light"

Yep oil change, oil filter, fuel filter.

I feel after all these years the relevance of set tasks at service time is, well, irrelevant. As things wear I will replace them. Not including fluids and filters obviously.

Yeah 1st one was an oil etc inspection. I did all that before I reset it. This new one just has a picture of a clock then inspection next to it. What does that mean?

Yeah 1st one was an oil etc inspection. I did all that before I reset it. This new one just has a picture of a clock then inspection next to it. What does that mean?

The car was timing you as you did the oil change and felt you could have done it quicker...  :P

no idea. sorry

Means inspection I / II is due. Involves flushing coolant, brake fluid, checking brakes, new air filter, spark plugs yada yada

Means inspection I / II is due. Involves flushing coolant, brake fluid, checking brakes, new air filter, spark plugs yada yada

Alright, thanks! Ill do all that on monday. I thought it might have been telling me to check the time on the clock is right lol.

It means inspection 1 or II due by time. You check brake fluid & coolant with the appropriate tools...which you probably wont have. And do a standard service. Check the brakes, steering and suspension. There is a bit more to it though if you do as per OEM schedule though. It realy depends on what was done last time & by whom.

Edited by *Glenn*

Just received my service light reset tool. Only took 4 working days from the UK!

Fantastic product, far better than the paper clip :D

Was thinking that if anyone would like one send me a PM and ill see if I can get hold of some more.