Sign in to follow this  
bravo

Who uses twitter for business?

Does anyone here use twitter in their business.

There's a bit in the paper on it, and I'm intrigued.

I don't use facebook for work as I want to be able to post up all the stuff I get up to in my private life. Which is why I make all of my profile etc invisible except to friends and only add actual friends to my friends list.

However, I can see the value in maintaining a network for work on facebook.

Does anyone do the same with twitter? What are the benefits? How do yo utilise it?

Cheers

Guest Ari Gold

Have a monkey that sits there all day and posts links and updates that a relevant to the company

Examples would be closet merchandise and moneyshot clothing, to name a couple.

Twitter is massively overrated here, as it works more in the states where wi fi is much more prevalent, and almost all updates are via phone, rather than computer - you can set it up so that it tweets you via text message.

Never heard of it. Its like a new networking website is created every year.

I have heard of it but cant say I have ever used it.

Facebook is enough for me and i only go on that once or so a month.

Twitter is massively overrated here, as it works more in the states where wi fi is much more prevalent, and almost all updates are via phone, rather than computer - you can set it up so that it tweets you via text message.

Yup - Twitter is everywhere here, and you are right. It seems every cafe, mall etc has free wi-fi in it.

Every news program, sports show, current affairs show, wanna be celebrity, sports star etc utilizes Twitter, it is all overkill IMO.

I have not used it myself (nor am I interested in using it), but I seem to be in the minority.

Cheers

Grant

i think it is invasive, perverse and antisocial.

I don't care what someone else (particularly someone or some business i don't even know) is doing every second of the day. Facebook is bad enough at that now.

I agree. As I said in another post. If your not important or extreamly interesting why would anyone want to read your blog. And those that do would have to the most dull antisocial people.

I use facebook to keep in contact with my overseas mates though. Check once a weekish.