Sign in to follow this  
Random Guy

Can I get some feedback on this trade me deal.

Hi all, I am new to this site and I am in the market for an E30. Unfortunatley l am losing the company car due to redundancy.

I was looking at this car on trade me and was wanting some feedback as to what you think it is worth and any issues that a newbie may not be able to spot.

Cheers Keith

post-4299-1241142754_thumb.jpg

post-4299-1241142772.jpg

Guest Simon*

Welcome new random guy

Woah that's a lot of chrome!! First issue ;)

Some of the E30 gurus should be able to pipe up with a list of what to look for. Have you got more detail about the car? What is it? 318, 320, 325 etc? What year, how many km?

When it used to reside in mission bay it didn't look very nice at all.

missing 3 bits of kit, no fogs, no tow covers in the rear kit, what appears to be accident damage to the rear kit, its also a facelift kit attacked to a pre facelift shell, so is the kit even genuine?

I'd steer clear mate.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-214304375.htm

Thanks Ari Gold. I'm not too flash at how you add the trade me listing thingy. Thankfully you know how. Cheers.

Thanks for your comments. I am keen on an E30, white, manual, 320 up, and have around 4K to spend at the moment, could be more if I can move some stuff.

I no this car quite well, its from my area. Its a great wee car, might be a bit far away for you though.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-215925533.htm

Riley

I was hoping that I might be able to meet in the middle somewhere with the price if he kept the wheels. I dont think the chromies are the look that I am after.

Welcome Random Guy!

There are plenty of E30 Gurus on here that will be able to help you out.

Riley, why do you think that one down your way hasnt sold? Its been on trade me for a while. Looks to be quite good.

Edit: Where are you from Keith?

Edited by 3 SERIES

I am based in the Mount/Papamoa. I need a daily driver to get me to Te Puke on a daily basis with a view to doing her up over time. Whakatane is only an hour away from me so could be keen for a look. I really like the look BRS has got going on.

Edited by Random Guy

Welcome Random Guy!

There are plenty of E30 Gurus on here that will be able to help you out.

Riley, why do you think that one down your way hasnt sold? Its been on trade me for a while. Looks to be quite good.

Edit: Where are you from Keith?

Im not sure mate, ive been in and been around that car allot and its a good example of a clean e30. The guy who owns it (Andrew) gets all the work done by Graham Clyde (formally GAC) so its been worked on by one of the best. I thought it would of sold long ago

I was hoping that I might be able to meet in the middle somewhere with the price if he kept the wheels. I dont think the chromies are the look that I am after.

There not chrome, they are just the glossy silver finish.

my experiences from buying Tech2 is that when you take the kit off there is rust where ever the kit was.....make sure the wells either side of the rear wheel well haven't rusted out

apart from that most other problems you can hear, smell or feel through the car when driving

p.s. i wouldn't touch anything with chromes on it as you will probably find nothing much on it is original. Usually causing problems further down the track

Edited by Jamez

I think for $5500 you could do much better than the first one...

The SA 325i Riley linked to looks like a tidy car + leather recaro FTW.

Thanks Quailboy, yes it looks like a good example. Might have to buy a shita to get to work with while I save for a decent example. I am sooooo glad I found this forum to help me out.

Edited by Random Guy