Sign in to follow this  
bravo

Dream Job

I'm happy to go overseas, or travel, infact that might even be a bonus.

Forget the work G and just travel the world for 12 months. If you have money that you can leave behind that will work for you in the meantime just get your stuff together and go. There is no reason why you cant do the odd job on your way, but dont just travel, go to places where you can live, get involved in the community and actually live somewhere rather than do the contiki tour thing that so many kiwis get involved in.

Rent a place for a month or two before moving onto the next place. Stop somewhere in central Europe and use the buses, trains and planes to do the whole continent. Spend some time in South America, or perhaps maybe not in the current climate ;)

Thats my one regret about coming back. I had the money and the time to spend six months cruising around Europe in the 750iL and I didnt take it. Sure we had the two kids and the youngest was only 12 months old, but our house in the UK was going up in value more than the mortgage, Id just got a huge redundancy payout, we had friends in Holland, Germany, France and Portugal and it would've been easy.

Ill always regret not taking the chance when it was right there in front of me :(

I agree Penry, travel now while you can and see the world. You can make money to live on while you're doing it easily enough surely, apparently NZ'ers are well sought after even in Europe ;)

I've got 2 kids so me and the wife's world travel is going to have to wait at least 10 years.

Work to live, not live to work I say :)

Its a great idea, seen one online, Garage 66 seems to be owned by the man selling the Mercedes Pullman on TM for 245K

Otherwise

Concert promoter

Or

brewmaster - would be mint

Ahhh yes - Mr Blackmore. I have been in his toyshop, and my oh my he has some nice taste in vehicular transport. There is more than one classic in that garage for everyones taste including motorcycles. Respect.

That car is actually the one I had for my wedding and I see he still has the 2x Hefner cars which he had sold at the time we got married (I wanted to go out in style and what more stylish than a Playboy Mercedes Pulman). Guess the sale must have fallen through.

Sorry - back on topic....

Edit: that Merc was owned by the Hong Kong film studios and used to drive Bruce Lee around (I was told that it has actually featured in a number of films as well).

Edited by elmarco

Dream job? Partner in Crane, Poole & Schmidt.

I think I'm in the minority when I have no desire to work with cars for a living.

Cheers

Grant

I also have no desire to work with cars for a living, i did once...

But then i figured out that working on other peoples cars everyday would lead me to hate working on mine, and i could never do that to myself..

So now i'm doing an engineering degree at uni (which i'm thinking about dropping)

And looking into joining the army, and getting paid to got to tech :P

I would like to own (and operate with employees) a Cafe/Bar.

The emphasis would be on the cafe, and the highest quality coffee (not Starbucks or the like rubbish)

Did this and it was a pretty mean experience but also a LOT of work (as with any business). Its how I met Graham though so it paid off in the end ;)

Dream job is probably gunna freak you boys out but it is to be a midwife. At Uni for it now so Im on my way! :lol:

Bravo

I like your list.

One thought (and I don't know the answer) is that if the US Coast Guard is a Federal Position, then you will most likely need to be a US Citizen.

Hadn't thought of that. As you can see its a fairly young list. I'm doing my research about the maritime ones now, and going to see how they look.

Forget the work G and just travel the world for 12 months.

That was the original plan. Heard the saying about a mortgage being a noose around ones neck? Well I have two. So I need a minimum income, plus a reserve in case I lose a tenant for awhile, or similar. I just spent a good whack renovating one property to make it easy maintenance while I travel, and the rent on that one covers the mortgage so I can disappear for awhile, but I would need to earn more than my living expenses to cover the shortfall on the other property's mortgage, and rates, insurance, etc.

You think like me in terms of ravel. That is/was exactly how I planned to do it (live in each place awhile to properly emmerse myself in the community and meet the real people, etc).