Sign in to follow this  
bravo

Dream Job

I've made the decision to retrain. I've been in my current career for 10years (including 4 years for my degree) and that's enough. I earn good money, but don't mind taking a pay cut for the right job as long as I can still pay my bills and my mortgage(s).

I'm happy to go overseas, or travel, infact that might even be a bonus.

So what are your dream jobs? Give me some ideas. I can turn my hand to anything.

Plus its a chance for you all to have a wee dream.

Ready..... GO!

My dream job would have to be something along the lines of owning a BMW 'M' only car yard

Mmmmmmm 'M'ness

But really thats more of a Uber dream

Always really wanted to be a Lighting Designer

Edited by jordy

My dream job? Be a house dad with my two sons.. and that's exactly what I'm going to be next year :)

Auckland here we come!

... otherwise the owner of a Net Cafe/PC Consultancy

Edited by Antallica

... otherwise the owner of a Net Cafe/PC Consultancy

I've actually looked at buying or starting a business, and I have one in mind, but I want to do something else for 10years or so first. I'll buy the business an do the wife and kids thing at the same time.

to name a few:

*Professional skier or more realistically... ski instructor

*F1 Driver/WRC Driver/Touring Car Driver/

*Playboy photographer

*Beer taster

*Crew Member on a super yacht

*Ferrari/BMW/Maserati/Mercedes/Audi/Aston Martin test driver

*Astronaut

*Member of the Who/Rolling Stones

Ive always been into mechanical stuff so something like in a top race car team like head mechanic or team manager would be awesome and would get to travel a bit also ;) also being a chief engineer or designer of race cars.

i want to get paid to sleep.... best 8 hours ever!

stunt cock

motorsport team owner

explorer

mercenary

Legionnaire.

If not that... chassis and dynamics, or engine, engineer for BMW.

Most likely will get the last one in good time if Uni goes to plan :D

Always wanted to build race cars for a living. This is the first year I've actually decided to pursue that dream...and holy moley it's hard work!

But what ever you want to do...pursue it! Do eeeet.

If I was more confident/younger/richer I'd try to be a professional driver. Or even auto journalist...but I don't think I would find the journo papers that interesting..

I feel we would get along very well Mr JiB

Guest Ari Gold

DJ / Producer.

Tony Colman of Hospital records probably has my ideal job. He's toured the world a million times over, has settled down and now runs several successful labels while still managing to have a family. Puts out a podcast every week and has tunes sent in from all over the world to listen to all day.

Or John B - still partying like an absolute maniac after all these years, runs Beta Recordings. Still pissed off he canceled last time, I was promised to meet him <_<

Stevi Aoki also has it pretty damn sweet, label founder of Dim Mak, which first signed Bloc Party, and is one of the worlds' premier party DJ's - got to share vodka with him :D

Last, but definitely most importantly, I would kill to be in Soulwax (the third Dewaele brother?) - Perform as a rock band at the start of the night, remix your own stuff later in the evening with an electronic bent, and then go mental behind the decks as 2manydj's.

Edited by Ari Gold

DJ / Producer.

Tony Colman of Hospital records probably has my ideal job. He's toured the world a million times over, has settled down and now runs several successful labels while still managing to have a family. Puts out a podcast every week and has tunes sent in from all over the world to listen to all day.

Or John B - still partying like an absolute maniac after all these years, runs Beta Recordings. Still pissed off he canceled last time, I was promised to meet him <_<

Stevi Aoki also has it pretty damn sweet, label founder of Dim Mak, which first signed Bloc Party, and is one of the worlds' premier party DJ's - got to share vodka with him :D

Last, but definitely most importantly, I would kill to be in Soulwax (the third Dewaele brother?) - Perform as a rock band at the start of the night, remix your own stuff later in the evening with an electronic bent, and then go mental behind the decks as 2manydj's.

Soulwax would be the sh*t!!!!! Part of the weekend never dies got me motivated into producing stuff again.

Working for Fleshlight Customer Service..

Not.

Dream job, I'd like to be a Photographer during the day, and DJ all night.

+ play with E30s on the weekend.

Edited by E30ONP

Guest Ari Gold

Soulwax would be the sh*t!!!!! Part of the weekend never dies got me motivated into producing stuff again.

The whole sequence that culminates in their remix of 'altern8 - evapor8' is just insane. It captures exactly what its like to be totally twisted in the bathroom talking absolute rubbish to strangers, losing the plot in the front row when a crazy track comes on, and I can only imagine, how it feels when 10,000 ravers start moshing up and down in unison in a massive tent while you're playing tunes on stage.

Magic:

Also, should have mentioned Scratch Perverts in that first list

Being a crew member on some rich guys mega-yacht is actually really easy. A couple of mates have done it on their OE's. In places like the coast of Italy/Spain they place ads asking for crew on the noticeboards at hostels etc. You get paid to sit on the yacht and look after it until the owner decides to take it for a cruise to wherever then you get to go as well! Free booze, free topless ladies, travelling to exotic places... it's all good!

As for my dream job(s):

Music producer (studio engineer)

Run my own commercial radio station (a full power proper one, not a lame-o low power guardband frequency)

Motoring journalist. I love cars, lots of cars, I want something new every week, I like to drive hard and critique….just need to learn how to spell and write creatively.

Get yourself a '99 Black 750i V12 and be The Transporter ;) (my old dream)

He had a 730i.

Motoring journalist.

Oh yeah, I wanna do that too! :D

Motoring journalist. I love cars, lots of cars, I want something new every week, I like to drive hard and critique….just need to learn how to spell and write creatively.

He had a 730i.

Actually it was a 735iL

I want to be the product tester in some rich sultan's harem.

WRC mechanic.

Travel the world, not afraid to get dirty ;) , so many variables of countries, events, car work etc etc

And work with what I think are the most talented drivers in the world.

It was an error in the movie, the cop said 1999 Black BMW 735i but the car was actually the 750i V12.

Factual errors: Frank describes the BMW as a "1999 BMW 735", but it's a V12 engine so it is in fact a BMW 750.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0293662/goofs

sorry for walking off the track here... back on topic! :D

Edited by Antallica