Sign in to follow this  
tire

Am I retarded?

How does one get the whole front indicator light assembly out? I've been rolling around on the ground for like 30mins trying but I just cant get behind it with more than one finger (through that little whole behind them).

I've got some smoked depo ones I want to put in.

Please don't say I have to remove the bumper :(:angry:

max

Pretty sure to take the whole assembly you need to take the bumper off :( has screws at the inside of the bumper. Obviously if its just the orange plastic its just the two screws.

Sorry Max :(

+1 to removing bumper, it doesn't take too long

Edited by Jamez

poos

gotta buy some tools, I was hoping I could hack it with a swiss army knife and 3 random allen keys

just to clarify with you, are you put a whole new indicator assembly in or just the plastic bit that screws onto the front?

just to clarify with you, are you put a whole new indicator assembly in or just the plastic bit that screws onto the front?

Whole assembly.

I would be really truly retarded if I couldn't get the lens cover off lol.

If you want to remove the entire assembly you have to undo the two bolts holding the bumper on and remove the bumper. If you have a mtechnic kit, you will have to remove the lower front bit to access the two bolts.

Why don't you just swap the lenses and save the new housings for when the old ones pack it in?

If you want to remove the entire assembly you have to undo the two bolts holding the bumper on and remove the bumper. If you have a mtechnic kit, you will have to remove the lower front bit to access the two bolts.

Why don't you just swap the lenses and save the new housings for when the old ones pack it in?

Because these housings have two bulbs rather than just the one in the stock ones, i assume this is to acheive a legal amount of light output. But yea thats how I'm doing it for the time being until I get sorted and take the bumper off. Still looks badass, I'll take some pics.

tastic, I love the title of this thread.

Nothing useful to add btw.