Sign in to follow this  
Andre3000

Lowering the front of my e30

I've got a H&R spring and bilstein shock combo, but as you know prefacelift e30's look lower in the back than at the front. I've talked to a few people about lowering the front some more.

Wat i want is the front wheels to be the same distance from the guard as the rear. Has anyone tackled this issue before?

I'm not keen to get new springs or shocks. Would shortening the shocks, and compressing the springs work? Any input would be helpfull.

Cheers

Guest FrantiC

Isn't it Facelifts have lower rear guards than the pre-facelift models, so the 88-91 look lower in the rear?

That's hard to sort though, If you want the actual car (looking at sills) to be flat then the rear guards will be lower than the front for a facelift E30. Prefacelift don't really have this issue. But they call it "rake", when the front and rear wheels are heighted acording to the wheel to guard view pretty much..

I don't think I make sense much Lol, I don't have a problem with mine having wheel tuck in the rear and the front being just at tire level. I would raise my rear if it's at my height, If its the one in your sig, then yeah getting the front compressed and shortened shocks will lower the front more to match. Though the car will look as if the front is lower than the rear.

Yeah im familiar with the different guard heights of the pfl and fl e30's. I love the ride my susp package gives so im nt sure that i really want to go messing with it. Maybe i'll just get some larger rims and see what that looks like.

I accounted for that when lowering mine and went with two different pairs of springs, higher in the back.

Im against compressed springs and defiantly wouldn’t compress some lovely H&R’s.