tire

Siiiiiiiiiiick Camaro w/ 2JZ

egay

Purists be damned, this car is amazing!

Nah.. Get a bimmer.

Edit: OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG..

Edited by Poontangsquibble

Holy compressor surge batman!

I dont really get it - if a v8 fits, turbo that. Why settle for 1000hp, LOL. If you still want culture shock, use a Japanese V8 (or a Mopar!). I'd prefer an understressed 1000hp ;)

But but but but..

Sooo awesome.

Edited by Poontangsquibble

Holy Crap...so much win in this thread (apart from both sets of wheels they are hideous). You would think he would want to put both hands on the wheel with 1000hp under the right foot.

Way too tough for two hands,

His post count must be like 5000+

Cool as car anyway, But I agree the wheels are hideous.

Idk, It looks absolutely stunning. No question.

But I personally think as CamB said. V8. The lump under the bonnet is super super cool, again no question. But it doesn't at all suit the vintage of car they put it in.

It sounds like a Jappa which IMO ruins it.

The gauges aren't straight... that would drive me nuts!!!

Absolutely stunning with the black wheels.... Very well executed.

But putting a jappa turbo into a classic muscle car? Why??? I get that they want to be different, but I don't think that works at all - like putting an M54 into Cadillac Eldorado or a 308 into a Fiat Bambina. Sure you can squeeze it in there, but it just wasn't meant to be. Not doubt it goes like a cut cat, but it just aint Jim Beam.

Call me a purist if you like.

elmarco - that's the point - to irritate the purists. I admire that bit.

elmarco - that's the point - to irritate the purists. I admire that bit.

+1 Now who's gonna step up and put a F20c into a 2002? (2002 turbo for even more sacrilege points)

P.S. I'd probably rather they put a kenne bell ford v8 into that camaro than a 6cyl to annoy people

I reckon it would need a hood scoop - too tall to fit on a 2002. And a new tunnel...

hood scoop - too tall to fit on a 2002.

Hood scoop? More like Pimp scoop. New transtunnel to mount the motor under the dash. Mean.

Anyone else think the camaro doesn't look like it has 1000hp?

That just doesnt look quite right sitting under that hood... looks rather small in such a large engine bay, That shape camaro has to be one of my fav cars and that 2JZ is one of my favorite motors but putting the two together doesnt look quite right. And those black wheels haha :rolleyes:

Speaking of 2002's. Some young guy in the Shore owns a white one. Saw him through Birkenhead BK drive through on Saturday night.

Friends in the back argued to the death it wasn't a BMW. Don't argue with teh pjay. i @m t3h l337 h4x0rZ

Edit - Cars this cool should only exist in video games. This is so incredible awesome, I just might cry

Edit (Bravo): Language.

Edited by bravo

Nice looking car.

Would have been better with a blown big block.

Guest Simon*

I'm quite impressed with the workmanship, and I'm sure it's now a much "superior" American car for the better gearbox, suspension, brakes, etc. They even tried to make the 2JZ look at home in there but yeah, why not a S/C'ed or turboed V8? A nice shiny M62 would do nicely ;)

Is it really feasible to get 1000hp out of that motor BTW? Without stuff going "ping!" all the time? A lazy 700hp would still have been enough to pants all the other muscle surely

A 1000hp 2JZ is common these days with those crazy Japanese tuners and whatnot. I'd say its more the figure that matters to the person that built the car.

Its not a car that would get driven much, and 1000hp sounds so much cooler than a cool usable 700hp.

I think its an insane car. Something that I'd build in need for speed or something. Where I can pretend I have lots of money to build and drift muscle cars

You'll probably find the 1000hp is available at a specific tune. I.e. when they put it on a dyno they gave it a few runs and found one that'd do it then dialled it back for reliability. But you can still claim the 1000hp I suppose.

Would have been better with a blown big block.

But that's been done again, and again, and again.

That is a very nice car, love everything about it…except the six, you just can’t beat the sound of a eight-pac.

But that's been done again, and again, and again.

For good reason.

And Camaros have been done again and again. This ones nice but looks like several others.

Edited by westy

that 10xx hp is on race gas. its around 700something on street fuel

Guest Ari Gold

Rb26 in a mustang was already done in f&f3, so this was the next best thing?