Sign in to follow this  
greenday-rulz21

Failed Warrant

Hey everyone,

Failed the wof because of the reaction rod bushes. Could someone please link a diagram from a parts catalog showing the specific part and part number. Would be greatly appreciated.

Glenn, you might get a call tomorrow. Also Ray.

I'm assuming the only way to go is new.

Cheers

Isn’t that your control arm bushes?? Seems to be the current thing to fail cars on at the moment :rolleyes:

im a mechanic by trade and i have never heard such lingo. if i were you i would go back to who checked it for wof and ask them to show you the failed part

im a mechanic by trade and i have never heard such lingo. if i were you i would go back to who checked it for wof and ask them to show you the failed part

Team McMillan BMW did the warrant. I assumed it was an obvious part I just hadn't heard of.

i had my e36 serviced by them when i first bought the car.

one of th parts that they told me needed replacing was what you just mention along with a host of other bits.

bill came up to $1500

I havn't heard of it either Nick, I can only think reaction rod bushes could be sway bar bushes? Surely you can't fail a WOF on those

Guest FrantiC

From my own Google research, It seems a reaction rod is something found in rear suspension keeping the axle from rolling forward or backwards.

Isn't most BMW's a trail arm / semi trail arm setup in the rear ?

I would ask exactly what the guys talking about..

reaction bar is the bar that goes from the body to the suspension in the front of the car.

Rod with bush's at each end

Another name is the Brake reaction rod.. old school English names

Dont think I need to find a picture for you do I?

Crawl under the car and have a look

Reaction rod bushes are a term used to describe the control arm bushes on the rear bracket of the front lower control arms. I fitted solids on my car when I was working on it

Like these:

post-1129-1242226870_thumb.jpg

Glenn, you might get a call tomorrow.

I'm assuming the only way to go is new.

Cheers

Go new

I can do it today for you if you like (while you wait) doesnt take long .. about 30-45 minutes

Genuine new ones are $70 + Gst for a pair

I think the solids are about $150 a pair

Give me a call

You should consider offset M3 ones (with an alignment after) for more caster, if you are changing them anyway.

You should consider offset M3 ones (with an alignment after) for more caster, if you are changing them anyway.

I wasnt able to soarce these straight away when I needed mine, thats why I put the solids in that are in the picture.

No one had then in NZ at the time I needed them.... next time round maybe

We'll see in the future. But right now just need to get a warrant ASAP. Seeing it expired yesterday.

Just want to say a huge thanks to Glenn for making space later today to do this. It is greatly appreciated mate.

Edited by Nick021