Sign in to follow this  
|ncary

You think your BMW is good in the twisties?

Try one of these, holy hell they are rapid. Good afternoon had by all.

And I blew a rotor on one of the RX7's :D Ooooops. Happened to happen while I was driving, no biggie.

Andy (The lead instructor) said I picked up the Formula Ford very well and was rather quick :D Enough of that, pics!

(You drive the RX7 first with instructor, then jump in the FF, I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys driving fast, you do get very held back though, frustrating, but they have a few dozen grand worth of car to look after)

post-1573-1242274131_thumb.jpg

post-1573-1242274159_thumb.jpg

post-1573-1242274218_thumb.jpg

post-1573-1242274351_thumb.jpg

Looks awesome, good day for it also.

What package did you get? It's on the bday list so hopefully will get a chance soon.

My gf got it at a Rowing fundraiser back in Jan, paid like half what it usually costs so that was good. Just a bronze it was. Silver would sort you out ;)

Oooooh, what did the RX7 handle like? Have always wanted to give one a proper thrash.

OK, I'm so booking in for that next time I'm in Chch for work. Badass.

Oooooh, what did the RX7 handle like? Have always wanted to give one a proper thrash.

I tried to push it in the corners but the younger instructor just kept grabbing the steering wheel! No where near the limit on the tires too.. But it goes very well, much more balanced than a stockish e30, but the R compounds and set-up it had helped that.. Also it's only a 13b N/A engine. Gutless! :D

Awesome Henry! Well worth the couple of months wait then? Woulda been nice if the batty was turbo FTW :P

I tried to push it in the corners but the younger instructor just kept grabbing the steering wheel!

WTF? why?

He was crazy haha, he was an amazing driver but I think being in the car with other noobs for however long he has worked there has made him quite cautious when he's in the passenger seat haha.

Andy Knight? Toyota Racing Series driver and now he drives GT3's I believe.

The RX7's aren't that quick.... didn't even know you could get that model in non-turbo version! So much fun, I thought I was going like a bat out of hell in the FF, but when I looked at the video footage my old man took it didn't look quick at all! :D

You can't get it N/A you're right :D It was just a 13b motor running a link ecu putting 180hp to the ground they say.

Open wheelers are always good fun.

RX7.....boo.