Sign in to follow this  
aupaau

E34 M5. 1992 Black

$18,000

BMW E34 M5

Well documented & known car.

Black with lovely light cream leather interior. Throw Star 17'' wheels.

*5 Speed Manual

*Headers

*Sports Exhaust; HPC coated

This car was imported as a left hand drive. A donar E34 525i was purchased and the M5 was swapped over so it could be vinned in NZ.

The previous owner (1st owner) organised the conversion by Earnst at Bavarian Motors.

Over $30,000 was spent.

I purchased the car and enhanced & improved the car further to a standard thats now better than stock.

Work on the car in last 4months include:

*Tinted windows

*New O-Ring Inlet Manifold.

*Replaced M-Tech Steering Wheel.

*New Illuminating M-Shift Knob.

*New Gear Lever Boot.

*New Gear Shift Cover.

*New Leather Gaiter.

*Full Service, BMW Coolent-Anticorrosion/Antifreeze, Oil Change-Shell Helix Ultra(fully synthetic)

*New Brake Fluid.

*Flush Cooling System.

*New Control Arm Bushes.

*New Sway Bar Links x2.

*New Sway Bar Mounts x2.

*New Set Tyres. Toyo's x4.

*New Boot Badges.

*New Engine Decal.

*New Up-graded Clear/Red Tail Lights.

*New Custom made car mats.

*New AVS A4 Alarm System by Installer Services.

*New K&N Air Filter

*New Air Temperature Sensor

*Full Suspension Re-build, Bilstein Shocks & Inserts. Front & Rear

*Dyno Tune at "Hi Velocity" (47 runs) 182.2kw @ rear wheels. (note, Dyno tune done before above work was started)

All receipts are available as well as Dyno Tune Graphs.

So there you have it, all sorted and ready. The problem that we are all faced with when purchasing any car is that we end up spending lots of $ sorting it out.

But not this one!!

As you can see alot of $$$ spent.

I'm Selling as I wan a V8, ie an E34 or E39 540.

So MAKE ME AN OFFER!

Most of the above work was done by Cameron & Ross at BM Workshop East Tamaki.

post-4275-1242449608_thumb.jpg

post-4275-1242449667_thumb.jpg

post-4275-1242449759_thumb.jpg

post-4275-1242449790_thumb.jpg

post-4275-1242449899_thumb.jpg

post-4275-1242449917_thumb.jpg

post-4275-1242450081_thumb.jpg

post-4275-1242450108_thumb.jpg

Edited by squeaky

Yeah... but it's not a real M5.

Joking! :) GL with the sale.

Please post a price and photos for any items that you have for sale.

"Offers" isn't good enough. If you want to get the best price for your item just start high and work down. Your much more likely to sell something when people know how much you're after. And it saves people making stupid offers cluttering up your thread.

They're popping up outta everywhere!:o

Anyone wanna m-power my 525?

I know that if I bought an e34 M5 it would have to be like my old SLR torana, genuine!

$15000 worth of engine in a $2000 shell might get you $7000 from someone with the $$$ if you're reaal lucky.

Thats just me though... and I've repowered/lost money on some serious crap in oz.

I just find that repowered cars never fetch the same money as a genuine.

Good luck though... I hope someone loves your car as much as you did/do

The thing with e34 M5s is that they were the last "handbuilt" M5s.. that's what makes them collectable... like a GT falcon or a GTS monaro from 68. Yeah, I could build one from the parts and quicker, but is someone going to pay the same $$$?

Edited by blakamin

Hi There Everyone!!

I'm the owner of the E34 M5 for sale on Trade Me & a New member to the forum.

Very interesting comments thankyou.

Pics Now Loaded on trade me. Or if anyone is seriously interested to buy then come over and view.

I have always been a mad long time Lion supporter until my friend finally convinced me to drive his BMW 530 E39. That was 3years ago and life in the car department changed. The day after I drove his car I was so impressed with its perfamance that I ditched my 300+kw Holden at Jerry Claytons and drove out with a Red E39 528i Motorsport 5 speed manual! What a car!! I sold it to my business partner (Ford nut!) and brought a E39 540 which gave me the 8 cylinders that I was use to. Owned that for 2years then wanted a manual and last year came across the E34 M5 I have now. I spend alot of money on it to get it to the level I'm happy with and everything complete; however at the end of the day it still has 6 cylinders not 8! I want a V8 again!!!! If you're a V8 fan you know what I'm talking about!

For the record I'm not a car purist, I'm just an average guy who is passionate about cars! Just Love them! They're all the same to me, I don't mine if its not strickly a factory M5. Whats a genuine car these days any way? The moment you put on a personalised number plate or a new set of wheels or any modification however minor then its not genuine any more. (just my opinion).

In my previous life as a staunch Holden supporter, I've always spent lots of money enhancing & improving my cars looks and performance with all the nice bits I like and to get it to just how I want it. Then drive it and enjoy it and have others admire it as well. What more do you want?

I've just done exactly the same with my E34 M5. I am just a newbie to the BMW camp and don't know as much about them as you guys, but what I do know is there is a very special car For Sale on Trade Me.

Now I'm wanting to buy a 540. My first option will be a E34 540 manual. If not then an auto. Or the 540 E39 (simon?) manual or auto.

Hope this all makes sense -

Happy BMW chappy

Thankyou

This post has been edited by squeaky: Today, 04:57 PM

I know what you're saying and I admit it but I know I would have got more for my SLR if it had the 308 it came with than I did for putting in the 327, TH400 and the 9 inch...

meh, just me I suppose... not a purist, just sometimes the numbers that match are the thing to the buyer, not whats in it and what it does.

BTW, the 308 became an artificial reef and I once had a $700 xb coupe that I sold for $4000 because it had the engine out of an XBGT. body had more bog than steel.:wacko:

Edited by blakamin

Guest Ari Gold

Awesome looking car, darker colours work so much better for E34's!

Random question, but you don't know the VIN for the original M5 used in the conversion do you?

Random question, but you don't know the VIN for the original M5 used in the conversion do you?

there will be a chasis number sticker on the ecu

For anybody interested my old m5 sold for $12000 cash !!!! What a good buy somebody recieved

Hey there Graham, that really is amazing. I have seen your old M5 many times over the years. What a car!

I know nearly all of them have pretty big mileage these days, but I still cannot get my head around how cheap they are over here. Australia evidently received about 50+ E34 M5's but they are still often marketed for $30kAUD over there. We had only 4 NZ deliveries (and maybe 8-10 imports) and ours are often marketed for for $12-$16k.

Saying that, the E34 M5 and the E36 M3's are extremely cheap in the UK (often 2-3 k pounds). Then again they had 450 RHD E34 M5's and bucket loads of E36 M3's

Why are our M5's so cheap here? Decent E24 M6's sell for $20-$30k more

Guest Ari Gold

For anybody interested my old m5 sold for $12000 cash !!!! What a good buy somebody recieved

The E30 did not sell in time <_<

Thank you.

Sorry don't know previous VIN number.

Thank you.

Sorry don't know previous VIN number.

if you open the ecu box in the engine bay . there will be a sticker on the ecu with the vin number

SOLD

Man, it's times like these I really REALLY wish I had the cashflow :(

Congrats on the sale, I am sure the new owner will be chuffed.

Well done. By the way, I gave you a phone call last night if it falls through

Sorry to all those who rang me after the auction and for the extra cash incentives offered, but the Car has now been Paid for and picked up this evening!

New owner was so excited when he saw the car for the first time. He said it was much better than he expected and that the trade me photos didn't do it justice.

After a test drive he said its the best M5 he has ever driven!!

He flew in from Wellington and is now driving back with the biggest smile!!!

Why are our M5's so cheap here? Decent E24 M6's sell for $20-$30k more

Japanese imports and the fact that you can buy a new car so cheaply.The E34 is perceived as old,and I think(perhaps some truth) that they are expensive to run esp if something goes wrong.And if something does go wrong with a S38 it is expensive.I think a huge proportion of the BMW buying public dont even consider a 5 series either.Decent E24 will always be more rare than e34 M 5,prolly more iconic too even tho the e34 is a much better car in most respects