Sign in to follow this  
pommy

Back Lights staying on

for some reason my back lights are staying on including my rear window light?

I see the last owner has ran the rear window wire to the drivers side rear cluster and scotched locked into the factory wires! I dont know why can anyone help me resolve this thanks?

for some reason my back lights are staying on including my rear window light?

I see the last owner has ran the rear window wire to the drivers side rear cluster and scotched locked into the factory wires! I dont know why can anyone help me resolve this thanks?

What lights - stop or tail? Rear window light - Hi stop??

the first thing to check would be the switch on the brake pedal, its at the top of the pedal and should make a clicking sound when on or off, its a contact switch so when the brake is released the switch is on and visa versa

sure some people following me on the cruise will say my brakes were on the whole time :P that was purely down to me not putting the switch on properly, cause it to lack contact with the pedal meaning it was permanently on

My E30 does this sometimes, I just lift the brake pedal and they switch off.. maybe the switch is falling out of place.... Need some time and some nice weather to invesigate.

yeah cheers lads , ye when I plug the switch in above the brake the lights stay on all the time. when I unplug they turn off likw you said maybe its not connecting right!