Sign in to follow this  
Mavrick

Wheels for a e39 540i

Hi All,

Finances depending i would like to get some new wheels for my car. its a 2001 e39 540i with all the motorsport extras.

I was thinking size wise i would go for a set of staggered 19" wheels. Ultimate wheels would either be Work VS-XX or RS II but they're at the top end of the scale price wise.

If i could have your opinion on wheels styles and sizes, and if you do have avaliable approx cost of the wheels.

Ideallly i was thinking 19s would have more tyre than 20" so less road noise, also there would be a cheaper/better range in the 19" wheel.

All opinions will be taken on board, no chrome though sorry. Am leaning towards mesh, but definatly have to have dish.

Cheers,

Mavrick

Would 9" on the front and 10' on the back fit without too much guard work?

What sorta prices would i be looking at for 19" vs 20" tyres?....looks to Johno...

Cheers,

9's and 10's easy.

Been looking at changing my wheels on my 540. Have those fake M5 wheels at the moment in 18". They look ok. But I feel the front offset is a bit weak. Could be solved by spaces. But better just to get better fitting wheels.

9's and 10's will fit depending on the offset. Most people go 8.5 and 9.5. We have quite a few options available and a lot more coming in the next month or so.

cheers

Johno

I'm really lovin' these beyerns atm.

Linky

But they're mine! (I know they won't fit :( I like to think they would)

Nic, with the aid of a sledge hammer im sure they will fit......you know you want to :)