Sign in to follow this  
*sic

Eminem - Encore

boulevard of broken dreams GREENDAY is a f**kin good album

Since Dookie, I havent reaaalllly liked anything Green Day have released.

However i am very partial to the song Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Radio Hauraki :bowdown:

I don't listen to the radio much but when i do it always that. It was the Rock but that turned poo.

Also in my opinion a full bogan has to have an old falcon or holden, lots of metallica or iron maiden t-shirts and black jeans, as well as listen to lots of metal.

Still nothin wrong with bogans though

As for eminem.... :thumbsdown:

the more i listen to encore, the more i like it.

its hard to even compare to his other stuff because he has done so much already.

he doesent even have to do sh*t, he's rich as fuk but it's good he is still makin mean music.

rain man

the album rocks, all those that dont agree, love men.

and wtf is this crap that hes all manufactured and shite? wtf do you know any of his history??.. read up before you make judgement calls on his "pop" work.

fools

:P:P:P So tempted to write the whole speal...but I more than likely shouldnt get into it! :P So all I will say is...

pink floyd and led zep rule..along with alot of other metal

eminem is only famous because he knows how to work well with the media...but he does it in such a piss taking way, that I think you've gotta show him abit of credit. even if its not musical credit.

I like green day, even if it is borderline commercial pop... commercial pop should die... which would include eminem...cos he's basically just a sales tool for commercial music...

Each to their own..however some people are not educated enough to make an informed decision...so they just choose pop :P:P

my 2 cents....carry on... :bounce:

ugg. all just follow what others say.

he has been around and working it for so freaken long and only now that he has made it people are all like "oh hes just a marketing ploy"... why does my head scream BS.

seriously, read a little about him and then make claims.

if you dont like it cool, i dont expect people to and i hope they form their own opinion on it, not just "oh nah aye, hes way pop, im way more wu tang clan y0, str8 thuggin" yea well funny stories about them....

its funny how those people that dont know about music will always cite "pink floyd, the doors, ozzy, led zep (insert multiples of other old school bands / singers / rappers / musicians)" and again not know shite about them and what they stood for or what they even like about them, or sometimes never even heard them!..only that its just cool to say you like them... that screams pop to me.

thats where you come along and ask why they like them... always makes for an uncomfortable time for these types of people..

sheep.

its funny how those people that dont know about music will always cite "pink floyd, the doors, ozzy, led zep (insert multiples of other old school bands / singers / rappers / musicians)" and again not know shite about them and what they stood for or what they even like about them, or sometimes never even heard them!..only that its just cool to say you like them... that screams pop to me.

sheep.

Agreed (oh shite, does that make me a Sheep?? I think it must!!! baaaaaa)

Also I like it when people say they like everything from classical to jazz to metal - BS!!!!!!!! no you don't, just say "oh I'm not really into music that much, but I do like that new song by whats his name" at least your being honest, not everyone has to be a music fanatic.

For those that say eminem is pop try listening to, for example, "Kim" from The Marshall Mathers LP, and then say he's pop, sorry but you won't be able to. Yes he does have moments of incredibly cheesy pop but thats only to lull peeps into a fulse sense of security and to create warm fuzzy feelings about him so he can turn round and stick his middle finger in the air right back at you. Come on he ain't being serious, like say Justin :puke: Timberlake is all serious with his chessy sellout pop, Yeah go Marshall!!

OK I'm done now.

Sam (who would like to be a gansta rapper but is to skinny and to white and way to much of a pussy, and BTW, doesn't claim to be a music fanatic)

Edited by E34-535ti

Guest Andrew

sheep.

Agreed (oh shite, does that make me a Sheep?? I think it must!!! baaaaaa)

Also I like it when people say they like everything from classical to jazz to metal - BS!!!!!!!! no you don't, just say "oh I'm not really into music that much, but I do like that new song by whats his name" at least your being honest, not everyone has to be a music fanatic.

For those that say eminem is pop try listening to, for example, "Kim" from The Marshall Mathers LP, and then say he's pop, sorry but you won't be able to. Yes he does have moments of incredibly cheesy pop but thats only to lull peeps into a fulse sense of security and to create warm fuzzy feelings about him so he can turn round and stick his middle finger in the air right back at you. Come on he ain't being serious, like say Justin :puke: Timberlake is all serious with his chessy sellout pop, Yeah go Marshall!!

OK I'm done now.

Sam (who would like to be a gansta rapper but is to skinny and to white and way to much of a pussy, and BTW, doesn't claim to be a music fanatic)

Dude I listen to a lot of Jazz and blues and metal

I think Eminem has a good rap sound so musically he is all good also. I just don't like that kind of music.

Dude I listen to a lot of Jazz and blues and metal

I think Eminem has a good rap sound so musically he is all good also. I just don't like that kind of music.

Then you don't fit the "I like everything BS category" because you further defined and gave informed opinons on what you like.

Realistically I think most people like a bit of everything from all genres, and if you don't then you probably just haven't listened to alot of music (or don't care??) but to say they like everything without definition or base I find a little rich. For example I'm a big White Stripes fan who are very much a blues type band, but I wouldn't blanketly say I like blues.... if you get what I mean.

Edited by E34-535ti

Then you don't fit the "I like everything BS category" because you further defined and gave informed opinons on what you like.

The i like everything catagory isn't Bullshit at all!

i actually listen to everything, ask one of the people who know me.. gus or andy or abby can back that up!

People can have different music tastes for different moods, i know alot about the music i enjoy, be it rap/hiphop, metal, rock, punk, dance or ol skool! and its not just the odd band, its alot of one genre!

As for eminem he has got to where he is today because he is genuinly a very talented rapper, but also a very smart businessman.. he takes the piss to f**k people off, an these songs that he will release first off each album (like just lose it) are the songs that people say are poppy etc and then people dont give the rest of his songs a chance, cos the rest of each album is very different!!

hope you not saying bout me bro, led zep for example, have currently about 15+ led zep records incl raritys like live in auckland etc, know lots about the band incl robert plant not wanting to get the band back together incase it affected his solo career, jimmy pages fasination with crowley (who ozzy also made a song about) and weird things, how john paul jones helped with the latest datsuns CD, and how John "Bonzo" Bournham died while the band were on tour.

pink floyd and led zep rule..along with alot of other metal - im guessin this is wat ur talking about *sic, abby, floyd and zep arent metal, more rock and rock/blues

i agree with dave as well, maybe not his extent but i listen to a huge variety, i listen and like hip hop at times, like some eminem, scribe, and jay z, but cant stand snoop or chingy. Love rock especailly earlier rock from the 60s 70s and 80s. Getting into the beatles at the mo. Would like to get into some blues at some point as i like BB king and also early blues like willy johnson, not a huge fan of pop.

Edited by bmwsparkle

don't think metal can get any more heavy than Iron Maiden

WTF? They are one of those 80s 'metal' bands. If you want heavy itgoes in this order

-Pantera

-Sepultura

-Napalm Death

-Cannibal Corpse

If you guys are so hard out for M&M, why dont you liisten to the 30 other hip hop artists who are infinately better than music which is packaged, marketed and produced to SELL UNITS???

ugg. this topic is about thoughts on EMINEM and his new album, not to say he is the greatest artist to fall out of a lady, ffs people get over this bs about pop, just manufactured etc etc.. go have a masty.

i personally have enjoyed this new album more each time i listen to it, full of clever rhymes and solid lyrically, and some crack up beats.

oh and for metal, nothing gets more hardout than "Anal c**t" seriously they dont get much more hardcore than that, the name even makes me want to punch someone in the face.

:mosh:

eminem is so on par with anal c**t right now.

f**kers

pink floyd and led zep rule..along with alot of other metal

apparently, the use of an electric guitar shifts any doubt from any form of music being classified in anything other than the "metal" genre..

Posted Image

Guest Andrew

WTF? They are one of those 80s 'metal' bands. If you want heavy itgoes in this order

-Pantera

-Sepultura

-Napalm Death

-Cannibal Corpse

If you guys are so hard out for M&M, why dont you liisten to the 30 other hip hop artists who are infinately better than music which is packaged, marketed and produced to SELL UNITS???

Hell no - You can't get heavier than Pink Floyd and Iron Maiden.. they own.

-Pantera

-Sepultura

-Napalm Death

-Cannibal Corpse

Nah, heavy is Rolf Harrison, now he's got some really heavy sh*t :mosh:

-Pantera

-Sepultura

-Napalm Death

-Cannibal Corpse

pink floyd isn't all heavy...... they have a fairly broad genre

This thread has got stupid.

Get back on topic which is what you think about Eminem's new album.

Half of you are sounding like you are just trying too hard.

Cheers

ahh my shirt list is

pantera - serpent

manson - golden age...

metallica - ride the lightning

" - St Anger

Pantera - phill

Iron Maiden - multiple corpses/zombies

Led Zep - naked angel guy thing with symbols

also, Stratovarius is way heavier that any of that shiz.

and a real bogan NEEDS a mullet. end of story.

totally off topic

totally deleted.

any more off topics comments are going to be deleted.

you all have been warned