Sign in to follow this  
AzonicNick

e36 stereo ipod connectivity..

Hey all,

am looking at finding some info on a e36 stereo like the one pictured below. Im a big fan of keeping the car oem looking so am wondering if there is a way to connect a AUX cable to it somehow? Just run the cable into the glovebox.

Am guessing the only option is through the CD stacker control somehow. Are there any kits out there thatll do this?

Also what is the model name of this stereo? I cant find much on google without specifics.

photos the same model from a pic on trademe

cheers

post-1667-1243391750_thumb.jpg

i used to use an itrip before i smashed the screen of my touch :(

it worked surprisingly well, no cords are anything to get tangled up?? just tune into any station and tune on itrip..taadahh

or you could adapt the factory cd changer input to except an ipod audio signal , but with out the control side of things like the dension stuff

Yea that was the other option, I dont really care about controlling the ipod through the unit.

Has anybody done it via the stacker controller? I guess its a case of finding the wiring diagram / pin set up and modding a stacker cable to suit?

Those two look good, I had found them using the old google.

Also found this which could be good..

http://jcrowell.info/bmw-aux-in.html

Might try that.. hopefully wont ruin the head deck!

I have done similar mod on my E39, but I have found that since the tape is a low level input, the volume was a LOT lower than the CD / radio, which was a pian when switching from one source to another.

I solved that by putting a line driver ( pre amp ) between the ipod output and the tape inputs, it was adjustable, so i adjusted it so volume is the same as CD/radio, all sweet.

I solved that by putting a line driver ( pre amp ) between the ipod output and the tape inputs, it was adjustable, so i adjusted it so volume is the same as CD/radio, all sweet.

Do you have a link to such a line driver?

Thanks!