Sign in to follow this  
RMC

My experience with Team McMillan

My friend took his flash 5 series BMW for service and was very happy about their service and recommended me to go.....so I did.

Well overall I must say the service quality was not bad,pretty quick and they are very specialized in fixing the internal part.....which I believe lots of other private workshop wouldn't be able to do..........

However there are a few issues here......their attitude to my mate and to me was totally different....I guess the only reason was becoz my mate was driving his new 5 series and I have got my 96 318TI, one of the cheapest bmw on the market....

My friend was dropped off at home and picked up again when everything was ready, was given free magazines and cup of tea while waiting, plus a lot more........

One thing for my car to be fixed was the rear light bulb.....I was charged for it....and I paid....then when i got home i found out..... it was STILL NOT WORKING......then I rang the manager(I believe is just the title thing,actually a salesman.) He did not offer any explanation or apology.....all he said was if I got pull over by the cops....ask the cops to give him a call and he can sort it out......I lmao......I dont think any cops will listen to a car salesman before issuing a ticket.....

And I took it back again,it was finally fixed ......

to be honest I am a bit disappointed about their customer service.......every customer should be treated the same...

If I was driving a 7 series that day,I believe that guy wouldn't forget to fix my light for me and at very least he would not say things like " Get those cops to give me a call"

As a BMW dealer it was just soooo unprofessional.......

I would still recommend you to go there, if you drive a flash BMW.....

My friend just went there again for service with his new BMW,and the service was excellent, as said by him.

IMO Team McMillan does leave alot to be desired if your not driving some 50k+ piece of bmw

I've delt with their service department once and was not impressed

And their parts are verrrrry expensive compared to other dealers

Go to Glenn(one of the forum sponsers) Hes the man ^_^

Edit: and trying to find a park around McMillan is a PITA

Edited by jordy

could be worse like dealing with Karamu Holden ha. To be fair I don't think there are a lot of businesses that do customer service well. No doubt they are those who are finding it hard at the moment.

There is nothing worse than having to take something back because it wasn't done right the first time. I believe that if this happens you shouldnt have to pay for it. It's a good way to get ya staff to focus and listen to the customer.

Edited by M3 Cab

I have had only good experiences with Team McMillan. Regardless of car, infact they were more excited about the old touring than they were the 545i, they even sent me a letter and some breath mints :lol:

I agree that you should be given the same prompt and friendly service, but I don't agree every customer should be treated exactly the same.

I don't take ALL my clients out for lunch now do I?

You might bring in more work or buy a car off them in the future so they should look after you, but they don't necessarily have to make you tea or valet your car.

Who wouldn't be excited about that touring though graham shes a beaut'

Each time I've been in there its been full of "young guns" who dont give you a second look, well me atleast lol

Its probably because Im young and if my father went in it'd probably be different, its all about the steriotypes

My 2c

Don't be too hard on Team McMillen.

Light bulbs can blow at any time. I've seen brand new bulbs blow the first time that they are turned on so there is a very good chance that the bulb was replaced but blew not long after.

As for the "salesman", and I think you mean the 'service manager' I think his offer to ring the cops was just to cover you until you could get the car back to them to have the bulb replaced.

Just my opinion but as one who works in the auto industry, it annoys me that people are so quick to criticise the service they receive without giving any thought to what has really gone wrong.

I agree that you should be given the same prompt and friendly service, but I don't agree every customer should be treated exactly the same.

I don't take ALL my clients out for lunch now do I?

You might bring in more work or buy a car off them in the future so they should look after you, but they don't necessarily have to make you tea or valet your car.

Courtesy and good manners cost nothing though G, and in my experience with BMW dealers in NZ they are sorely lacking in both.

A cuppa costs nothing and IMO a bulb should be changed for free no matter what the car. It costs them nothing, takes less than a minute and yet you walk away feeling a million dollars.

Just my opinion but as one who works in the auto industry, it annoys me that people are so quick to criticise the service they receive without giving any thought to what has really gone wrong.

Ive not seen any of these threads ever 'generalise' across the whole industry Brian, just the people directly involved. Of course bulbs can blow at any time, but you cant tell me your first reaction in this situation would be to say they hadnt fixed the problem. Edited by Penry

Guest FrantiC

Bring your BMW to the dealer down here in Hastings.. Purely WIN.

Very experienced guys and everytime I pickup my car from somethnig getting fixed they have no problem going through and showing me exactly what they did (confirm they DID the job). Very friendly and helpful bunch, Don't think I have ever had a prob tbh - Even if i did the good outweighs any of it.

I think alot of it could be how they perceive YOU ..

Edited by FrantiC

I've had nothing but good experiences with Team McMillan ... but I am biased I guess ...

They have a real coffee bean machine in the service reception - you just walk up and press a button for a latte, flat white, hot choc or whatever you desire ... they don't usually serve it to you unless you were really old and incapacitated to do it on your own - it's a self serving machine.

The magazines are just layed out on the coffee tables ... you can just go and pick one up.

Who did you speak to at service .. there's Aaron, Andrew and Joao as the team leaders and Tony is the service manager.

If you have an issue with the service take it up with Tony - he's great to deal with and very knowledgeable (he won the BMW Tech competition a few years back in Germany so he's a very very good mechanic.

You also have to remember that they will often get customers of all sorts on a daily basis - some nice and some not so nice - so the stress does build up and they get rather busy - so have a little patience and be courteous to them and I am sure you will receive the same back - act like a snob or an idiot and they will treat you the same.

Edited by M3_Power

I am happy to say our local BMW dealer offers good service, free advice, free magazines even if you are driving an old E30!

Better service than most dealers in the UK!

Jeff Grays ftw. Helps that they give badass loaners ha. That said never had an issue with mcmillans bought the cab off them and they are always good to deal with. Last time I was there two service guys were arguing over who was gunna take the M325 for it's road test bahaha. Am sure they get bored with the new stuff

Edited by M3 Cab

buy a better car? what did you want him to do, send out the BMW break down service for a car you probably didn't buy off them?

I move heaven and earth for high roller clients - there's not the same incentive if you buy $2 bulb off them occasionally..

meaningless dribble removed and thread locked.

Experiences with various firms are welcome. However, if you have a real issue with a firm take it up with them before you post it here.

Edited by Mike