Sign in to follow this  
Andre3000

Fined last night

where did they get the from? that is such a Christchurch rule! my friend was driving up a hill in a 1litre chirade and got done for excesive acceleration. i would go and took to a proper policeman cause that rule can't exist!

Sent a letter in like a week ago, just waiting for a reply now.

You know - you might be right. I can't remember. I am mostly just irritated that they cert you for a height and for a certain width and diameter of wheels - its should be subject to a minimum and a rolling diameter tolerance respectively.

When they certed my rally car we had a bit of a discussion about wheel sizes as I use 14" on gravel & 15" on tarmac. As a result he put both wheel sizes on the plate.

Thanks - that's very, very good to know.

Did you sign it? They sent my last one back stating they can’t accept un sighed correspondence. Probably obvious now that I come to think about it, im sure we were told to do that in School.

When they certed my rally car we had a bit of a discussion about wheel sizes as I use 14" on gravel & 15" on tarmac. As a result he put both wheel sizes on the plate.

Did the certifier need to see both sets of wheels on the car?

Did the certifier need to see both sets of wheels on the car?

No but I had the 15's on at the time, part of the discussion involved that a 14" rally tyre has about the same or slightly bigger rolling radius as a 15" tarmac tyre so the car height wouldn't change

post-235-1244596089_thumb.jpg

Edited by 2002