Sign in to follow this  
m325i

haha e36 suckers

t has an "above average" rating with ltsa (the e30)

As shown here

its a 316... theres a hell of a lot of engine bay to crumple before the damage finally starts hitting the engine... but having said that, an e36 with a curb weight of 1200 kgs?? i thought they were significantly heavier than that... also I thought that the E36 was a fairly safe car? :unsure::huh:

Guest Spargo

With safety advances such as they are, I find it laughable that anyone thinks an E30 is safer than an E36. Do you really think that BMW would produce a car unsafer than its predecesor? Wake up.

Guest Andrew

With safety advances such as they are, I find it laughable that anyone thinks an E30 is safer than an E36. Do you really think that BMW would produce a car unsafer than its predecesor? Wake up.

They score exactly the same in most independant tests.

There are many documented cases of vehicles that are more unsafe than their predecessors. It is a question of design. If two vehicles of the same model line vary in terms of shape and size sramatically as is often the case, then of course safety design is affected significantly.

Sometimes car manufacturers make death traps - it's a fact. I'm not saying that this is the case here of course, but to blindly believe that a newer car is safer than an older one of the same model line is to believe in a fallacy. Obviously the general trend is towards safer cars, but there were periods in car safety design whereby the theories used to design so-called "safer" cars were flawed - but we only know this due to the benefit of hindsight.

with the brake pedal being pushed rearwards by 321mm (12.6in).

:o

Thats one of my fears in a front on impact, especially if the ABS is getting a good workout on impact. Ouch.

Did anyone see 5th Gear on Sunday before the motorsport?

They did an experiment on 70mph motorway pile ups, and after seeing their experiment, I'm just glad that I'm not driving some little shitbox that we see so many of on our roads.

phat my honda should give me average protection, and above average protection if i plow into them :D

but i dunno i think i might be a little better off than most other crx's out there :jap:

dang and that site gives value also.. badass

Average Private Price+ $6,150 - $8,100

(+means a standard ride, so any options would increase value..)

haha yea 6-8k for a standard crx.. hmm that would have to be in absolutely mint cond

Guest Spargo

I forget your cage setup, but if you have bars anywhere near your head... Skull + 2mm wall thickness crome-moly tubing = a nice funeral for your friends.

I forget your cage setup, but if you have bars anywhere near your head... Skull + 2mm wall thickness crome-moly tubing = a nice funeral for your friends.

thats why they are padded, and your head does not come in contact because the seats are low enough for clearance, and you wear a seat belt at all times.

cage set up = full 6 point

I saw on 5th gear program two same model mini vans, (Renaults) one was like 9 years old the other was new. Head on at like 80k, the older one gets absolutely smoked, the new one nothing. Ironically the new rigid models will waste older "crumple" cars

Guest Andrew

I saw on 5th gear program two same model mini vans, (Renaults) one was like 9 years old the other was new. Head on at like 80k, the older one gets absolutely smoked, the new one nothing. Ironically the new rigid models will waste older "crumple" cars

probably waste the ocupants also.

probably waste the ocupants also.

nah if it was me and homy, we would get out and be all like shrugging that sh*t off

Guest Andrew

nah if it was me and homy, we would get out and be all like shrugging that sh*t off

*respect* :bowdown: