Sign in to follow this  
Mike.Gayner

Dear Tyre Shop Monkeys

I refuse to go to Firestone 2nd Ave as long as they're still hocking that nitrogen BS. Telling grandmas that they will save money by spending $5/tyre on nitrogen is NOT cheap, professional, friendly or helpful.

It might not save them money... but it does have the potential for a giggle or two

It might not save them money... but it does have the potential for a giggle or two

Ha such a crock. We have a few cars come in that have the green valve caps, just top the pressures up with normal old, good old compressed air.

This is to people working in tyre shops with single digit IQs, which appears to be about 99% of all tyre shop workers. Please learn to use your tools properly. Your incompetence is illustrated when I spend $500 having two tyres fitted, then a couple of weeks later when I'm working on my car I can't get the wheel nuts off. Here's a handy tip - if I can't get them off with a power bar, they're too f**king tight. What am I supposed to do if I get a flat tyre?

By the way, Mr Tyre Shop Idiot, the correct response when I arrive at your workshop to complain about this is to say "Wow, sorry sir, you're absolutely right, that was a stupid thing to do. Let me quickly whip those off for you and refit them correctly.". The correct response is not to belligerently roll your eyes and tell me you're too busy to do it now, so leave it with me. It is certainly not appropriate to tell me they're fine and I should stop complaining.

Signed,

The last customer of Summit Tyres, Waihi Rd, Tauranga.

Mike

Sorry to hear about your experience but contrary to popular belief we are not all idiots. Some of us take great pride in what we do and try and deliver a very professional and personal experience.

Unfortunately there are always a few bad eggs in every basket, so calling us all single digit IQ monkeys is probably a bit over the top.

Have you found out whether the person that "rolled their eyes" at you was the manager or the owner? I am sure if you take up your issue with the owner then you would get a far warmer response. If not, then they obviously don't value business. In this day and age customer service is what sets shops apart - obviously in this particular case it was sorely lacking.

Edited because I take things to seriously :P

Edited by zenetti

Johno, don't take this guy seriously, takes a monkey to know one i assume?

Report........pay backs a bitch.

Sorry to hear that Mike.

I go to the place on Ngatai Road by the WOF place. They're really good to deal with.

Lets keep the slagging match off this thread please.

Mike is entitled to his opinion, although the delivery couldve been a little more thoughtful, and deserves the benefit of the doubt in that his emotions have probably got the better of him at this time.

Weve all needed a good rant at some time in the past and will all been guilty of having made a gross generalistions at some time, and theres another ;)

I've bought it up in the past during my short time on this forum, but I wish admins weren't so heavy handed with post deletion. I would rather have had a chance to address peoples' issues with my post than to return to the thread to see your post, Penry. For the record my initial post was not thoughtless and my emotions hadn't had the better of me - I expressed my genuine position on the subject.

Zenetti - no he wasn't the owner, he was just a typical grease monkey employee. As it happens, I know the owner on a fairly casual basis, and I know he wouldn't tolerate this type of work. The owner was around when the tyres were fitted (he sold them to me), but not when I returned to complain. I'm not going to bother returning again to see him, I'll just take my future business elsewhere.

And you're right, not all tyre shop workers are as dense as this guy, just most of them. As it happens, there is one tyre shop in this city who I trust - Tyre Master Elizabeth Street. I made the foolish mistake of choosing the other group on the basis that they quoted $30/tyre cheaper - never again.

I've bought it up in the past during my short time on this forum, but I wish admins weren't so heavy handed with post deletion. I would rather have had a chance to address peoples' issues with my post than to return to the thread to see your post, Penry. For the record my initial post was not thoughtless and my emotions hadn't had the better of me - I expressed my genuine position on the subject.

Zenetti - no he wasn't the owner, he was just a typical grease monkey employee. As it happens, I know the owner on a fairly casual basis, and I know he wouldn't tolerate this type of work. The owner was around when the tyres were fitted (he sold them to me), but not when I returned to complain. I'm not going to bother returning again to see him, I'll just take my future business elsewhere.

And you're right, not all tyre shop workers are as dense as this guy, just most of them. As it happens, there is one tyre shop in this city who I trust - Tyre Master Elizabeth Street. I made the foolish mistake of choosing the other group on the basis that they quoted $30/tyre cheaper - never again.

Fair enough to complain about it etc I would to.

But I think its only fair to take the car back to allow the owner or manager the opportunity to fix it.Especially since you no him on a 'casual basis'

If he doesn't no the problem exists then how can he fix it?

IMO opinion everyone makes mistakes, but it's the putting right that counts.

My 2c

(E - Spelling)

Edited by braeden.

Fair enough to complain about it etc I would to.

But I think its only fair to take the car back to allow the owner or manager the opportunity to fix it.Especially since you no him on a 'casual basis'

If he doesn't no the problem exists then how can he fix it?

IMO opinion everyone makes mistakes, but it's the putting right that counts.

My 2c

(E - Spelling)

Exactly, go back to the owner and complain rather venting on here.

Exactly, go back to the owner and complain rather venting on here.

I obviously wasn't clear enough in my first post - the problem was eventually fixed after the worker realised I wasn't going to go away. If it were worth my time, I would go back and make a complaint to the owner, but it's not frankly. So what is it, Greg, that annoys you so much about me making a post about my experience?

Breaden - why is it "only fair" for me to take more time out of my day to go back to this workshop again? What business owners should fear is not the customer who comes back to make a complaint, or the one who demands more and more of you. What they should fear is the customer who simply doesn't return. The customer who gave you a second chance by returning to get the problem fixed and was dissatisfied with your belligerent and dismissive attitude. I owe the proprietor nothing, and that's what I intend to give him.

Edited by Mike.Gayner

I obviously wasn't clear enough in my first post - the problem was eventually fixed after the worker realised I wasn't going to go away. If it were worth my time, I would go back and make a complaint to the owner, but it's not frankly. So what is it, Greg, that annoys you so much about me making a post about my experience?

Breaden - why is it "only fair" for me to take more time out of my day to go back to this workshop again? What business owners should fear is not the customer who comes back to make a complaint, or the one who demands more and more of you. What they should fear is the customer who simply doesn't return. The customer who gave you a second chance by returning to get the problem fixed and was dissatisfied with your belligerent and dismissive attitude. I owe the proprietor nothing, and that's what I intend to give him.

They proberly wouldn't have a clue if you didn't come back, they would have a such a large clientele one person not coming back, they wouldn't know.

If you go back to this tyre shop and tell them they have lost a client then they will know for sure and try fix things with you, whether it's too late or not.

What exactly has been deleted? Nothing that I can see, one or two have made alterations to what theyve said which is fair enough, but nothing has been deleted.

Try re-reading your first paragraph and tell me you werent havinf a serious vent, which is always emotion driven.

If you dont like how we moderate here, take it up with Admin or find somewhere else to get your BMW fix.

where'd you get that info from?

Typo. Was supposed to be 115nm as in my post one or two below that.

They proberly wouldn't have a clue if you didn't come back, they would have a such a large clientele one person not coming back, they wouldn't know.

If you go back to this tyre shop and tell them they have lost a client then they will know for sure and try fix things with you, whether it's too late or not.

That's precisely what I mean when I say business owners ought worry more about customers who don't kick up a fuss than those who do. They won't notice I'm gone. Or the next person, or the next, until their business is worth nothing. I'm not cutting contact with them vindictively or from spite, but because they're not worth the effort. I've just learned an important lesson about sticking with people you trust, even when it costs a few dollars more.

Edited by bravo

Closed. Good discussion, and personally I agree with much said, but it's getting too heated now. I've edited the last couple of posts that were borderline personal attacks. You've all been reminded about this countless times.

Next time you all read a comment you don't agree with, take a deep breath, imagine we're all sitting around having a few beers, and then respond. getting all bent out of shape over a few comments on an internet forum is pointless.