Sign in to follow this  
Deftones

Good Auto-Electrician in Welly?

yo.

Just like the panel beater topic, I'm after some electrical work.

Anyone had any good experiences (or bad for that matter) with auto sparkies in Welly? probably good to know bad experiences as well.

Maybe a good idea maybe to have a stickie with a list of decent parts/service places in our areas? Just a thought.

Thanks in advance..

What do you need doing??

I'm no auto elec, but I managed to wired everything on my car up OK.

Me reverse lights :) We didn't have the wiring when we did the conversion, and my warrant is due first week of Jan :rolleyes:

shardlow in moera or alexanders in town.I think the reversing lights are pretty straightforward so shouldnt be too bad a job for any body.Check out the guy nearest you!

sweet. the place nearest me is A1 Auto electricians (i think) down Webb Street (off Cuba St). They did work on my Celica once, but that was a while ago.

the auto electrician at Auto point or Auto Stop on Grant Rd in Thorndon

worked for BMW over in europe, its where shelly take all the cars they cant fix

he's a bit of a whiz

I can recommend Brent Fon at Motor Units.....he's just spent a couple of weeks sorting a phone car kit for me and even placated my wishes to have it installed in my ash tray so its all hidden away.

Did the work a couple of weeks ago and has so far refused all my attempts to give him money because he hasnt yet found a way of muting the stereo with it (he can mute it from the control box but not when the phone rings...odd)

Anyway cant remember the name of the road but its off Tory street at the Courtenay Place end and his number is 384 5303

Cheers

Martyn

the auto electrician at Auto point or Auto Stop on Grant Rd in Thorndon

worked for BMW over in europe, its where shelly take all the cars they cant fix

he's a bit of a whiz

is it the same place as powerhaus???

Im 99% percent certain its not powerhaus. The autopoint place is right around the back of powerhaus I think.

I wouldnt recommend anyone go to them (powerhaus). Jon is a thief who will promise you the earth, fail to deliver, rob you blind and then run away blaming everyone else should they damage your car.

You can probably guess Ive had bad experiences of them too !

God I need a drink...been at work since 8.30 this morning :beer:

Cheers

Martyn

i havent been there,just cant quite picture where the auto electicians..i can sorta see the sign in my minds eye but cant place it.I went to power haus when i first bought the 535 but i didnt get a good feel for the place.If you walk into Page European there is no doubt where their expertise lies........