Sign in to follow this  
BM WORLD

anyone looking for a 5stud conversion kit from a 318ti

just pulled this rear end out of a 97 318ti . also have front struts etc to match .

$350 for rear end (not including the diff head but that can be brought) just use your old e30 diff etc

$200 for front struts .

post-279-1244610833_thumb.jpg

post-279-1244610885_thumb.jpg

In terms of strength and etc how do these rate compared to e30 m3 parts? And would i be able to use my current springs and shocks setup?

In terms of strength and etc how do these rate compared to e30 m3 parts? And would i be able to use my current springs and shocks setup?

The only difference as I am aware of are the front lower control arms having more forward castor and of course 5 stud all round. You will be able to retain your rear shocks and springs however the fronts you will need to use the E36 shocks and springs Brent has available and swap the front strut tower hats from your e30 shocks onto the e36 shocks. Also you will need E36 M3 front lower control arms or have your E30 ones substantially modified by a wheel alignment outlet.

with this 5 stud conversion what offset wheels are suggested?

with this 5 stud conversion what offset wheels are suggested?

Im pretty sure p35 offset is the way to go without any guard mods etc? Not to sure on that one though.

also have bigger brake kit for the front and rear if needed from a 328i 323i etc .

i think the e36 style wheels (offset) will work fine

some guys use 5 seires style wheels but have to play with the guard clearences etc

just to clarify...

the rear set up is a direct bolt up job, right? using my e30 h&r springs and my existing shocks?

and for the fronts: top hats need to be changed from e30 1s (im guessing this is a straight swap?). either use e36 m3 control arm or modify e30 one. (has anyone modified e30 control arms? if so what was the cost?) and obviously using the e36 springs, shocks, and breaks.

BTW i have a 1990 320i coupe.

if anyone can clarify this info for me, it would be greatly appreciated and i would be keen on buying this set up.

cheers

Ben

just to clarify...

the rear set up is a direct bolt up job, right? using my e30 h&r springs and my existing shocks?

and for the fronts: top hats need to be changed from e30 1s (im guessing this is a straight swap?). either use e36 m3 control arm or modify e30 one. (has anyone modified e30 control arms? if so what was the cost?) and obviously using the e36 springs, shocks, and breaks.

BTW i have a 1990 320i coupe.

if anyone can clarify this info for me, it would be greatly appreciated and i would be keen on buying this set up.

cheers

Ben

yes thats right . the only other thing if your 320i uses a 6bolt medium case diff , you might need to swap the axles (bearing hubs etc)over from your e30 subframe

ill be using a diff from a 89 325i..

would that still b a 6 bolt?

cheers

ill be using a diff from a 89 325i..

would that still b a 6 bolt?

cheers

yes normally a 325i uses a 6 bolt medium case diff