Sign in to follow this  
Jamez

got my dealer plate taken off me :(

So was going home and the police pulled me over, 200m from home :( then they said I cant have the dealer plate on a car with live rego :( so they took it, funny thing is I was going 70 in a 50 zone and also driving after 10pm (yeah I only got my restricted )

most funny part, it was meant to be returned anyway as we stopped paying for it ages ago :)

best part of all, no fines and no drama's

lesson of the day is, don't use your dealer plate on a perfectly good car, orange on black doesn't look nearly as good as white on black :)

Awh guts, so the kind policeman was just a free courier then?

Edited by jordy

Pretty sure someone on here warned you of that happening.. Lol.

Lucky you didn't get fined.

What was your reasoning for using the dealers plate anyway?

I think it was insurance

had it on as my dad thought i would be coverd by his dealers insurance, even tho some said it was still not legal, If anything went wrong it would be my dad at fault.....and not me :)

funny thing was the cops spent 10 trying to get the plate off, the screws were jamed pretty hard and all i could hear was .... this is being a bi@ch....damn screws.... then at the end he came over saying they couldent get the screws back in and that i could put them back in when i get home......hahahaha

That was me. Your lucky you got a nice cop. Your Dad could be done for Fraud (Double Rego on a car) and no doubt loose the plate for good and not ever be able to get another.

I was infact only using the plate while I was sorted out the cars Wof. So not really commiting fraud. Just didn't understand the rules. Rules were explained to you not long ago and you were using them so you could drive a car without a reg and wof. So you are quite lucky you didn't get fined.