Sign in to follow this  
charles28

Buying 1990 E30 320i Auto

I have looked at a very tidy 1990 BMW 320i, everything about the car seemed to be good.

However I noticed at 100km an hour that it was a 3000rpm, is this normal RPM at 100k for a E30 320i in automatic? its a Facelift 1990 model with the motronic injection.

Most auto cars i've owned sit at 2500rpm at 100k, just though I better check it out before I hand over the cash

Hey mate for some reason my 320 did that to, i have converted it to manual now and it sits a little lower than 3000 rpm now..i gues it would be normal ?

Diff change can alter that if you want it to rev lower, just put a higher diff in it, easy to do, and quite cheap.

Awesome, aslong as 3k @100k is normal all good, am purchasing the car tomorrow..

will post pics once i get it

I got the BMW last night, wasn't able to take any pics yet.

but heres a pic from when it was for sale.

Posted Image

Its a tidy old beast, came with alot of receipts, incl full head rebuild etc worth $2500 17,000kms ago

Nice buy... you're in Chch yes?

Saw this car on TM... looked pretty tidy, was thinking about buying it for my girlfriend. :D

Needs the lip for the front and take those headlight covers off... they're very "old man".

Make sure you come along to the next Chch meet and say hi.

Nice buy... you're in Chch yes?

Saw this car on TM... looked pretty tidy, was thinking about buying it for my girlfriend. :D

Needs the lip for the front and take those headlight covers off... they're very "old man".

Make sure you come along to the next Chch meet and say hi.

I found a front lip for $85 + GST, seems cheap enough.

Yeah I know what you mean about those headlight covers.. lol but I am an old man pretty much, 30 years old..