Sign in to follow this  
crazyarab

Cabrio Interior

I am assuming the answer is no here but was wondering if an E30 cabro interior will fit into an E30 coupe?

Edited by crazyarab

An E30 convertible interior will fit into a coupe. Have seen it done before. All you'll need are the rear side panels from the coupe (as the convertible ones have speaker holes drilled in them) and the c-pillar trims.

but was wondering if an E30 cabro interior will fit into an E30 convertible?

One would think a convertible interior would fit into a convertible ;)

One would think a convertible interior would fit into a convertible ;)

I kiiid I kiiiid, meant coupe <_<

Sorry to Hyjack... but i have a similar Q

Will an e30 M3 rear seat fit in a 4door standard e30?

Yes they will>

I have M3 interior in my 325i e30. Just have to change the rear seat belts to 2 seat ( remove the center one ) as the seats are not made to have 3 people on.

Cabbie rear seats will not go into coupe, not wide enough, fronts are the same mounts as all other e30 seats.

Yes they will>

I have M3 interior in my 325i e30. Just have to change the rear seat belts to 2 seat ( remove the center one ) as the seats are not made to have 3 people on.

Cabbie rear seats will not go into coupe, not wide enough, fronts are the same mounts as all other e30 seats.

cheers , might look into it

Have seen it done... will have to dig out my copy of Total BMW that has the Tech II coupe with M3 cab interior.

I stand corrected on the M3 rear seat fitting a sedan (or do I?) <_<

I Have a cabbie that i am in the process of fitting M3 seats into, the cabbie seat does not have the sides out past the back rest. Needs to be about 100mm wider on both outer edges.

This is the bit that the hood goes into when folded down and the hard cover closes on.

Just having a quick look at the interior of my 'vert and comparing it to the coupe there are q few obvious differences around the back seat area, including those mentioned above. Plus the rear de-mist vents in the parcel shelf which alter the top of the rear seat.

Without unbolting it all and trying to put it in the coupe I can't say for sure whether it would fit, I would say yes you can get it in there with a few minor alterations, but there will be gaps and spaces where the vert hood fold away is. So not sure what you would achieve by putting it in, a good coupe interior would prob be a better bet?

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top

I would say no. The seat is much narrower and there are only two belts. Fine if you want big gaps, but otherwise pointless?