Sign in to follow this  
OLLIE

Official Formula 1 timing application for iPhone !

Posted Image

Soft Pauer Ltd has announced the launch of its official Formula One Timing and Track Positioning Application for iPhone and iPod touch users.

This unique application allows fans to simultaneously track the progress of all cars in real time on a dynamic track map which offers a variety of views of the circuit, including the unique ability to see a bird's eye view of the action. The data is taken directly from the official timing feeds generated at each circuit, giving the user unprecedented portable access to the information used by race engineers in the pit lane, with the added ability to track the individual driver of your choice. So for the first time, fans will be able to get a full, detailed picture of the racing action wherever they are.

Otmar Szafnauer, CEO of Soft Pauer commented: “We're very pleased to offer fans an added dimension to the experience of watching Grands Prix. We hope that they will take advantage of this new opportunity to get a full picture of the racing action wherever they go.”

Bernie Ecclestone commented: “I’m very excited by this application as it will allow fans to keep in touch with what is going on whilst on the move.”

For full specification and prices via the iTunes store, click here.

Sounds like brilliant use of technology, but it costs $41.99 for the '09 season pass? That's madness!

Edited by Tomo

Sounds like brilliant use of technology, but it costs $41.99 for the '09 season pass? That's madness!

wow i hadn't checked the price! f**k that. Only for the true fans then aye.

Can you make one for the AMB timing systems James? we could release a bmw race series version. haha

I like to watch the F1, but can't imagine they'd have too large a market of data-hungry crazed fans.

wow i hadn't checked the price! f**k that. Only for the true fans then aye.

Can you make one for the AMB timing systems James? we could release a bmw race series version. haha

cant do it as not a timing system that constantly updates using gps or other means, so it could only do position for each lap, that would be relatively simple.

I think for around that price you can get a full seasons live streaming coverage from the official F1 website..

But for free you can use www.justin.tv, I watched the Le mans live on that and people also broadcast the F1 live too. Next race this sunday at midnight!

Too bad I have a physics exam at 0930 on monday, gah.

Aside from the cost, that would be quite cool.