Sign in to follow this  
bmw325i

E36 manual queries

each to there own i guess.

personally i would not do someting to a car that i could buy from the factory, but that is an ideal situation. With time ppls opinions and wants change, and if you can afford it, why not?

good on ya for going manual, its way more fun :rolleyes:

just dont go putting a S30 in it.... cos then all hell will break loose :)

Guest Simon*

328i's are more fun to play with.

Buy an M3 - Everythings done. No need to mod it. Its a drivers car

Buy a 328i - Can be improved so much. Its a project car

Haha so 328iA's are the new E30?

not to mention most e36 m3s these days sound like DEE-ZEL John Deere Tractors

and once the 328 is improved.... ALSO A DRIVER CAR :D

LOL :D That's quite funny

A genuine manual is worth every cent some one prepared to pay for it and the difference between a clapped out M3 and a mint 328 is - the 328 is a better investment.

Good M3 are still commanding good prices

You have to say that Ron you went down the same road :)

I'm not talking about the clapped out M3's either boys, I was quite particular about that - there are some very nice ones sub-20K.

rofl. Look what ya went and did Simon.

I knew I would :D

I'm enjoying this can I've opened

I bought my 328i auto 12 months ago for 5k. I have done the usual maintenance stuff and spent say 7hundy on that. I am considering the manual conversion if I can do it all for around 2k, then the lsd for under that as well, so for under 10k I should have something I really do enjoy driving. 12 Months ago IF you could find a 328i manual coupe, you needed well over that, so I was well out of contention AND I didnt have 10k anyway, thereby super well out of contention for looking at M3's. If I had 20k sure.

So, for guys that aint looking at M3's due to funds, looking at 328i Auto's with the intention of doing a manual conversion when the coffers increase is not that bad of an idea I dont think.

However the issue between a 328i manual and M3 manual, well yeah I would like to think, if there was only a few grand between them, you would do what you could to bridge the gap, then again for some a 328i manual might be all the car you ever need?

I thought about those getrags not being as tough as the ZF's, but yeah, buying and replacing them has got to be better for sure, in anycase it has to be better than the auto you are replacing.

I thought about those getrags not being as tough as the ZF's, but yeah, buying and replacing them has got to be better for sure, in anycase it has to be better than the auto you are replacing.

The biggest problem is finding a ZF... I tried and couldn't find one.. the 250G in my lighter car is fine

BTW: Ron ... I know you werent having a "dig" at me :D