Sign in to follow this  
mattgoldsbro

Black Kidney Grills E36

Hey just wondering if anyone has changed there front grilles to the black sort ?

Listed below on trademe

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-225299139.htm

Any pics of peoples cars ?

etc etc

What do you think ,Leave original or Black it out??

Edited by goldbro

COSMOS (Brian) has black grilles on his E36. Think his might be painted but it will give you an idea or what it will look like.

Edit: Here you go. Save you doing a search - http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....showtopic=18541

Edited by 3 SERIES

They can look good.... but depends on what colour your car is.

You can save about $89 of the purchase price of those TM ones by just painting your current grilles black.

COSMOS (Brian) has black grilles on his E36. Think his might be painted but it will give you an idea or what it will look like.

Edit: Here you go. Save you doing a search - http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....showtopic=18541

Thanks, It does look good on a black car just not sure on mine as is silver paint. Have seen a few pics on the net but the ones on Trademe look slightly different as if they stick out furthur than normal!

Cheers

Thanks, It does look good on a black car just not sure on mine as is silver paint. Have seen a few pics on the net but the ones on Trademe look slightly different as if they stick out furthur than normal!

Cheers

As Mark said, they look good on certain colours. Dont know if they will suit silver. Everyone has their own opinion thou.

The ones that look different are replica facelift grilles to fit non facelift nosepanels I think. Mark is up with the play on this topic.

The ones (on TM) that look  different are replica facelift grilles to fit non facelift nosepanels I think. Mark is up with the play on this topic.

Correct. :)

If you want to paint your stock grilles I have a spare set of kidneys that will fit your car, and all of the paint/primer etc to do it. $40 for the grilles and use of the paint if you're keen. That way you can always swap your chrome ones back in if you don't like how they look.

Also, satin black usually looks better than gloss.