Sign in to follow this  
jjs

Benz 560SEL $1 reserve - stunning!

Not a BMW but this looks like an absolute minter! TradeMe Link

Built in the days when Mercedes engineered and built a car, then put an asking price on it - unlike nowadays where everything is built to the accountants specification!

Martyyn - still looking for another car?

Edited by Crockett

Thats hot. A mates dad had one back in the day that was good for 240kph ha (his dad driving)

I want to buy this IMMEDIATELY. Unfortunately I have no easy place to garage it!

That EXACT spec car is number to on my dream garage list, under an aston v8 vantage zagato coupe

Not a BMW but this looks like an absolute minter! TradeMe Link

Built in the days when Mercedes engineered and built a car, then put an asking price on it - unlike nowadays where everything is built to the accountants specification!

You are correct there Crockett, Mercedes used to show customers an S Class strung up (dangling in the air) from the B pillar door latch.

My associate has looked at it & will have a go at buying it, he already has one but this one is pretty tidy, has a crack in the dash & the odd scuff, chap bought it from his old mate M Clark when they traded it.

I was looking for another car, but the buyer for mine backed out at the last minute :(

Not sure I could buy a Merc though !

Buy it i'll store it for ya  :D

We've seen your garage - there's no room left!

The soft top beetle looks stunning too...

What a minter! Thats beautiful. Always had a soft spot for the old S-class.. My mother knew a lady going through a rather bitter divorce had a 420SE which she offered to me as a gift (!?) God knows why i said no thanks I think I was scared of spending lots in fixing and the fact I was 17 and already had a E30.

Someone on here sould buy that 560.. Id hate to see it go to a bad home or end up with bags or something.

Just my opinion, but I don't see the attraction. It is mint, I'll give it that, but it is ugly, boring and square.

Horses for courses I guess.

Cheers

Grant

It would look great on Airbags and some Work Meisters

Agree with Grant might as well buy a couch and cruse around in that, not my cuppa - mint no doubt about it, worth moon beams one day doubt it.

Just my opinion, but I don't see the attraction. It is mint, I'll give it that, but it is ugly, boring and square.

Horses for courses I guess.

Agree with Grant might as well buy a couch and cruse around in that, not my cuppa - mint no doubt about it, worth moon beams one day doubt it.

As you guys say, each to their own...

BUT, I do think these will be worth something one day. The W124 S-Class was the ultimate incarnation of the teutonic german limo - everything is so well built it feels like it has been etched out of stone, they are as reliable as anything (these, along with Toyota Landcrusiers are desert gansters' weapons of choice), look imposing and Mercedes will never build anything like it again (everything is now too computerised and disposable). The 560 was the top-of-the-line model and I doubt you would be able to find a tidier or lower mileage example.

Porsche 993's are now worth more than your average 996 for this very reason - they were the pinnacle of what 911's represented - highly stung air cooled rear drive weapons with sublime handling.

I guess you could say the same about an E30 - no 3 series since represents such a rewarding driving experience and simplicity, not to mention a timeless shape.

I will be heart broken if the 560 sells for less than $10k! If only I "needed" such a car...

It just screams late 80's Lethal Weapon gangster to me (which I happen to like ;) ). Perfect new car for the Mrs to commute in!

I'd feel out of place without a stylish Italian suit, sunglasses and Uzi on the passenger seat while driving it though.

$20150-big price dont you think.

I guess it's only going to appreciate from now onwards