Sign in to follow this  
bellicose

Older BMW cost when new?

Hey all, just wondering if anyone knows of any sites where i can find out the price of older BMWs new in NZ.

LOL yeah like that mkes sense :rolleyes:

I found out a few onths ago that a 325i E30 was about 80-90000 dollars when released. The average house price in Hamilton at the time was 30k!

In 85, the 323 was $31,390, 528i was $41,450, 735i was $62,500.

In 88, the 320i was $57,500, 325i was $72,600, 535i was $96,000, 735 was $127,500, 750i was $216,200.

Sweet! in 20 odd years we can all own E92s at the price of a 320 auto these days.

Sweet! in 20 odd years we can all own E92s at the price of a 320 auto these days.

yes but you will need to be a banker to afford to fix it all the time

they won't even go in 20 years.

Mechanical skill will take you far chap.

good point.. i work at bmw at the moment though.. i swear no one will bother fixing them! don't know why i bother now.. no i'm just kidding it's good times, but man you get some bad customers.. guess that's the job though. and i supose parts can only get cheaper. but then again they rely on isis and things too much and who will have the BMW computers 20 years from now.. and people owning these cars won't be able to afford to take it to the dealership..

Any scan tool will plug in and be able to program the ECUs, no need to go to the dealer.

Mechanically the engines will keep going, electrical is another story but still not hard if the diag tool is connected.

ahh yeah i supose. i never really thought of it that way.. . yeah eletrical is hard.. i'm pretty new to the mechanic game so i think i'ma study electrical up hard cause that's going to be the only hard thing.. nuts and bolts are easy to undo but electrical never gets easy!

my e30 will last another 20 :)

Normal wires are easy but when it comes to bus and can systems like Peugeot and BMW use, then it gets a bit tricky, but again, diag tools are made for the bus systems etc to locate faults.

yeah the can wires can be a pain.. i don't know a hell of a lot about them.. as i am very new too it.. i've only just finished pre trade but have learnt enough to know they are tricky, but a great invention. the techs are helping me out soo much though in their own time teaching me about things like that.