Sign in to follow this  
bellicose

Lip spoiler from Nick021.

Got my lip spoiler today, very happy with it. If anyone is thinkin' bout' getting one from Nick then don't hesitate, the quality is great and his communication and speed can't be faulted.

Only prob now is do i leave it black or paint it.

Thanx Nick.

Yeh i agree great spoilers got one for my e30 and e46, i should really put some pics of it up so other people can see what they look like

Thanks Nick

Thanks very much guys. I appreciate the good comments.

Here are a couple of good photos of it on my E36 coupe. I strongly believe in using the products you're selling, and I'm more than happy with it. I think I've said it before, better quality than even I expected.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Adrian, (Arros on the forum I think) convinced me to leave it black and I'm very happy with how it came out. Contrasts well with the paint and matches the black trim around the car perfectly.

Am placing an order in a few days so anyone else wanting one PM me and I'll order you one in.

Thanks again.

Nick

It could, I mainly placed it there to cover three holes left there by taking the original M3 spoiler off.

It honestly looks a lot better in real life. When I first took those pictures I thought it looked a bit weird and I actually went outside to have another look, but I'm happy enough with the placement.

I'm happy enough with the placement.

Thats what matters most and covering holes is always a bonus, I just remember seeing the lips on the e39's and they were closer to the edge thats all.

Thats what matters most and covering holes is always a bonus, I just remember seeing the lips on the e39's and they were closer to the edge thats all.

Oh yea Martyn, I know what you were meaning. I probably would have placed it back a bit more if I didn't have to worry about the holes, but covering them was worth it definitely.

It looks far better in real life IMO.

I can see where your old spoiler was dog? Get some cutting compound on that sh*t!!!

I can see where your old spoiler was dog? Get some cutting compound on that sh*t!!!

There was no gasket underneath the spoiler to protect the boot so the marks you see are the wear marks through the paint unfortunately. Not really noticeable in person. Will probably get the boot redone sometime anyway.

+1

Am getting some CF stuff this weekend and will CF the lip spoiler as well as a front M3 lip spoiler too, and engine bay bits and pieces. CF ftw.

Then CF my roof, and my exterior trims, and a CF sun strip and hmm maybe more.

Really happy with my E39 one. As has been said- qiality is very good. The backing tape seems good qual too (will know in a year I guess- nah should be good).

Put mine on and have since seen a couple of the E39 original ones (M Sport of course)- yes they are in line with the end of the boot. They are rather different that any aftermarket one I've seen - more compact.

I love the understated line it gives- loving lips over spoilers now

Nick why you selling the front lip- the lip spoiler matched it well as we were saying- you probably want to get another in better condition (?)

Bellicose - have you fitted the spoiler yet?

If so any pics on e34? :)

Bellicose - have you fitted the spoiler yet?

If so any pics on e34? :)

Not yet mate, was goin'to do it today but it's pissin' down.

Was wondering if i should paint it body colour first, think i will just put it on and see what it looks like with the rest of the black trim, if it doesn't look any good i guess i can paint it when it's on the car.

Will post up pics when it's on to see what everyone thinks.

Adrian (arros), thanks for the good comments. Glad you like it! Yea, I'm selling the front and will get a brand new one, should make it look a bit better.

Ian, Don't know if I mentioned. I put a couple photos in the other thread of one on an E34, they look exactly the same.

Again, I'll be ordering probably about Wednesday. So anyone keen contact me before hand otherwise you might have to wait a month or two before I bring anymore in.

AND to anyone looking at painting their spoiler they got off me. You will want to get it into pretty much the exact shape you will want it before you paint it. As if you paint it and then bend in to fit the shape of the boot the paint might crack/flake etc.

AND to anyone looking at painting their spoiler they got off me. You will want to get it into pretty much the exact shape you will want it before you paint it. As if you paint it and then bend in to fit the shape of the boot the paint might crack/flake etc.

Thats true Nick....But if you get it painted by a acr painter then they should add a flex additive to the paint to allow for some movement of spoiler without it cracking.

Or you can send them to me for a REAL good discount on painting them :P

looks good nick, IMO get it painted, some colours suit it being left black and some are better suited painted, personal preference would be paint it. Cheers mate!