Sign in to follow this  
APT

16 x 7.5 Rim, What tyre sizes?

If you havent already read my for sale thread Racing Dynamics I am considering on using them on my e30.

Rims are 16 x 7.5 ET 25.

I was just wondering on what would be the correct tyre size ? currently they have 225/50's on them but they seem abit to wide.- i have yet to try them on..

Do you know if there will be any rubbing in the rears or the fronts ? i expect the fronts will when i am turning sharp.. What tyre sizes should be used ? on fronts or rears ?

My car is lowered on eibach springs estimated about 30 to 40 mm drop. Do any mods to the rear guards need to happen to get them to sit nicely ?

Thanks

If your E30 came out factory on 195/65/14's the correct size to go up to is 205/50/16.

Yip 205/50/16s are pretty much the same size (rolling diameter) as your factory ones. I have always like 225/45/16s though, a little more meat and look better in my opinion

Do you think 225's wil fit fine under my rear guards tho?

I think 205/50R16's would be awesome. 7.5 is the max wheel width for 205's and E30's don't make much torque or power to need anything wider :)

Cheers thanks for the comments guys now on the hunt for good 205 tyres

Yip 205/50/16s are pretty much the same size (rolling diameter) as your factory ones. I have always like 225/45/16s though, a little more meat and look better in my opinion

Same here,

Nothing wrong with 205's either tho.

FWIW they are the exact same specs as the ACS wheels and they mention both 225/45 and 205/50 in their catalog, so I would be very surprised if 225's gave you any grief with the guards, a small roll at the most.

Cheers thanks for the comments guys now on the hunt for good 205 tyres

pm sent ;)

Like I said in that other thread mine are 205/50/16. Mines lowered on springs and shortened shocks. I don't get any rubbing, don't think the guards were rolled.

Hi guys tried the 225's on the rear fit in pretty well no rubbing at all what so ever, will try the fronts this weekend few pics for your comments.

post-4245-1246002146_thumb.jpg

post-4245-1246002154_thumb.jpg

post-4245-1246002163_thumb.jpg

Best rear shot i have: and yes rotations are on wrong way- it was just a mock up

post-4245-1246007251_thumb.jpg

Yep the 225/45/16s are the way to go, none of this 205 carry on ;)

will that rolling diameter still give the correct speedo reading?

Yes, 195/65R14, 205/50R16 and 225/45R16's are the same rolling diameter +/- 0.4%

Ok well i spent the last couple of days sanding and painting up the wheels, they are satin black with a layer of clearcoat.. looks better in person,

I'll need to get my guards rolled or fork out some cash for new lower profile tyres for the front & rears.. as i expect there to be sum rubbing in the fronts.. Pics of rims on the rears,with very minimal rubbing.

I think i wont be rocking the centre caps for a while.

post-4245-1246346430_thumb.jpg

post-4245-1246346444_thumb.jpg