Sign in to follow this  
minsu515

E36 door , fender removal (how?)

hi everyone! long time since i logged in.

i had a crash in town last weekend . :unsure:

door, fender, controll arm needs replacing..

how do i remove the door? undone all the bolts but there seem to be a pin that wont come out with a hammer.

also what do i do with the wires attached to the door.,.?

and i need help how to remove the fender. what tools i need? it looks like allen keys but they dont seem to fit proply.(screws on the side under bonnet)

someone please tell me in steps. thanks.

* if anyone know where to get a secondhand fender, door in black , i would be happy :)

post-3922-1246486597_thumb.jpg

post-3922-1246486605_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mind

Looking at the picture... I would say that needs a professional repair. You will need special tools as well... Like an axle stand under the chassis & a proper jack before you end up hurting yourself as well. The wiring needs to come out starting from inside the door first and a pin punch and hammer is needed for the door brake pin to be released.

dude seriously as Glenn said u need the correct tools, atempting anything like that on that dodgey sissor-jack is just dangerous. if you were definatly wanting to attempt it your self, i could lend you a proper jack and axel stand.(if you in the auckland area)

you cant see in the photo but car is secured . that jack is just sitting there just in case. thanks tho

you need star drives for the gaurd also 8 and 10mm for front , rear and under the wing.

10mm for the door hinge pin , a hammer and shape pair of pillers to pull the door jam pin up .

7mm socket for the door loom plug .

and about 3-4 hours and lots of other tools to swap all the bits over from your old door to a new door

i am located in west auckland waitakere.

where would be the best work shop and cheaper around auckland? thanks

Can use allan keys in place of star drives. Little bit of crc soaking for 10 mins will help loosen the toughies. I'm west too if you want a hand?

I'm always down to take a car to pieces.

Alternatively, any local panel shop can do it. Do you have insurance?

hi. thanks.

i dnt have insurance..

and yea.. it would be great if you can give me a hand.

If you do end up doing it yourself, just drop me a PM and i'll give you my number. I'm free most weekends.

Can use allan keys in place of star drives.

Peter !! you need to use the right tools when doing any job otherwise 9 times out of 10 it will turn to grief. You will never tighten a star drive (torx) screw or bolt correctly without using the correct tool. An allen key will strip the drive before it reaches the correct torque and probably damage it, undoing it as well.

Edited by *Glenn*

I can supply Torx bits / star drives TENGTOOLS 3/8drive T20-T60 $62.04inc + any other tools you may need.

Auckland Engineering Supplies

358-8448

Miles

Shameless self promotion :D

Thanks

Peter !! you need to use the right tools when doing any job otherwise 9 times out of 10 it will turn to grief. You will never tighten a star drive (torx) screw or bolt correctly without using the correct tool. An allen key will strip the drive before it reaches the correct torque and probably damage it, undoing it as well.

you can always use a grinder and then replace the torx bolts with wood screws and putty etc

like some people do

What the Gay is IRL?

Yeah Glenn you are right there, I've stripped one of the star screws holding my MAF sensor to the intake pipe. It was after then I learned CRC loosens them up a bit.

Ah well, sh*t happens.

What the Gay is IRL?

Yeah Glenn you are right there, I've stripped one of the star screws holding my MAF sensor to the intake pipe. It was after then I learned CRC loosens them up a bit.

Ah well, sh*t happens.

IRL= I really laughed

It was after then I learned CRC loosens them up a bit.

Alcohol works on the chicks to Peter .... CRC smells

Hi everyone again.

managed to remove fender.door.

now I just need to buy some parts.

If anyone know or have e36 4door black door,fender it would be great.

also I need both front controll arms with balljoints, rocker cover gasket, radiator for 323I

Thanks! :rolleyes: